• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fog Off

miairhead

Any one tried Fog Off? This time of year might be a good idea to try a product like this. I tried a fog shield, but the are not recommend for night, and I leave the house at 6 am

I did try it;

I found it worked poorly in my full face helmet. Not a good review from me:(. Wish i could find something that did work on fogged faceshields. Not yet found. Randy

I haven't tried that product. Currently I use catcrap. If find that when it is really cold like 25-35 it need to be applied every 5 or 6 rides. That sort of maintenance keeps me totally fog free.

Now that the morning temps are usually 40 and up, one good application keeps me for a few weeks.

Liquid dish washing soap

Any one tried Fog Off? This time of year might be a good idea to try a product like this. I tried a fog shield, but the are not recommend for night, and I leave the house at 6 am

I've tried Fog Off in the past and it worked ok till I had to open the visor in the rain and rain drops got on the inside of the visor. (left mess and smeared when I tried to wipe the drops away). The best solution I've found is a drop or two of liquid dish washing soap (Dawn) rubbed over the inside surface of the visor and polished dry with a soft cotton cloth. This works great. It's cheap and if you use the lemon scenetd version, it even smells nice. I keep a small dropper bottle in my tankbag so it's handy when I need to reapply.:thumb

Back