• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Vertically challenged girlfriend

It's nice that BMW finally figured out how to offer a lower suspension option on most of their newer bikes and for only $250! I just bought an '08 F800ST with a low suspension but it still has a stock seat for better butt cushion and it fits me to a T.

I am about 5' 3" with a 29" or so inseam. But for what it's worth, I have been doing some yoga and regular stretching along with my workouts for the past year and I swear I can touch the ground on bikes I wouldn't even have ever thought of sitting on. At the Int'l Motorcycle show I sat on a Vstrom 650 stock, no problem. The new Honda CBR250, no problem. And I think all these seats are over 30 inches.

So get out there and do some downward dogs before you get on that bike! It just may help, not to mention you'll feel better too! :laugh

Get longer legs this way too

I added quite a bit of stuff into the inside of my boots in the heel area: I have in there a blue microfibre cloth folded up (handy to have anyway), some foam wedges from Dr. Scholls, my old Honda Civic's brake pad covers which fit perfectly, and an old set of orthothotics and I grew 2.5 inches. All you have to watch is that the boot has a sizable heel to arch height and that you don't have really high arches. No one knows I am not that tall until I take off my boots! My boots are Forma Adventure GT's.

Cheers,
Sue

Thanks for all the ideas. My girlfriend has an'85 700cc Virago. It has been
modified to allow short inseams. She has a 24" inseam and stands4'8". Not easy
to find a BMW for her. My R1200CLC is too heavy and too high. We will be looking
at the F650GS twin or F800s.;)

Try the new factory lowered F650GS. (twin)

Jack

[QUtiniourOTE=brewmeister;681645]Is that like the small pillow I place under my t-shirt to make it look like i'm livin the good life when i'm really in good shape?[/QUOTE]

subcutaneous tissue doesn't count.;)
kelly

...don't sell the F650s short...pffog

+1

After riding bigger machines for many years, I have been touring on 650s the last two summers: a BMW Paris Dakar, and a Kawasaki Versys.

JMO, but a 650 is perfectly suitable for solo sport touring. These bikes handled high Rocky Mountain passes with ease, and are happy at almost any speed.

The Versys is brilliant, and the ER-6n version has a 29.7" saddle. The bike can be lowered another inch with aftermarket stuff. The F650 is good, but the Kaw is a lot smoother.

Last edited:
Back