• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 Rally-Bloomsburg,Pa.

Camping's where it's at. You have all that new camping equipment, right? :D

Yes. And we tried it all out last weekend at Elk Neck State Park. Suprisingly, I kinda liked it! Then again, the weather conditions were perfect and the bugs aren't out yet. Therefore, I reserve the right to alter my opinion at any time.

Sorry, Randy....just too far for me to go this year. I'd loooove to ride out west but my employer and I have different ideas about the length of one's vacation.

The only place I could find decent Penn Dutch food near Bloomsburg is in the Country Cupboard restaurant located in Lewisburg PA or at the local farmers market. Any recommendations ? The Country Cupboard has lost some of its charm over the years as far as their food, their accommodations are nice.

In the Wyoming Valley to Berwick has a huge eastern European, Irish and Italian population. That sort of food begins a short distance from Bloomsburg in Berwick and increases in opportunity as you get close to Pittston, Old Forge for Italian and Nanticoke for Polish.

Dear Statdawg;

I fear we will always disagree on the subject of food. In my mind, your search for decent PA Dutch food will be as pointless as a search for sweet manure. However, I do wish you the best. As a German associate of mine from Hamburg said, "I've heard of those foods. It was what the poor people in East Germany ate, before the wall fell. They would steal corn from the feed bins at the hog farms and mix it with whatever they had. You know, Germans don't eat corn, we feed it to pigs."

But, to all those folks outside of PA, please be aware that PA has a lot to offer in terms of riding and attractions. The northern part of the state is a popular destination for BMW and sport bike riders from Ontario, Western NY and Ohio looking for some twisty mountain roads. We are also an old state that was central to the formation of our country.

I hope everyone can attend the rally.

I'm excited about this. I might actually be able to make this one! :dance

Now the big question for me is who the music will be. I know it is way too early for that, but Bromberg is based in PA, I think, and it would be fantastic to have him play for us again. :groovy

Now the big question for me is who the music will be. I know it is way too early for that, but Bromberg is based in PA, I think, and it would be fantastic to have him play for us again. :groovy

I heard that Rush was going to be the main act.:jester

gsjay

Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Stan.............STAT

Should I drop my Family MD, Dr Stan a note and see if we can get MOE for MOA ? Dr. Stan was a Grateful Dead taper for years then he followed MOE to a point he is their archivist, he was even featured on their art work.

Dr. Stan resides 35 miles north Bloomsburg. Maybe he can be our Thirst Aid Chair. He never prescribes a medication unless he personally used it himself.

I could make him an MOA member for 2011...............he better not win the bike !

:ha First we need a Rally Chair.

Attachments

• Dr. Stan's.jpg
    Dr. Stan's.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 254
Should I drop my Family MD, Dr Stan a note and see if we can get MOE for MOA ? Dr. Stan was a Grateful Dead taper for years then he followed MOE to a point he is their archivist, he was even featured on their art work.

Dr. Stan resides 35 miles north Bloomsburg. Maybe he can be our Thirst Aid Chair. He never prescribes a medication unless he personally used it himself.

I could make him an MOA member for 2011...............he better not win the bike !

:ha First we need a Rally Chair.

Hey dude! :wave

Moe would be cool for one night. How about Moe on Friday and Bromberg on Saturday? :evil

Last year on the way to Johnson City Rally we took refuge at a hotel in Bloomsburg.
We were lucky to get a room as there was a Monster Truck Show in town and
all the hotels were booked. We were told there were 10,000 people there. We
got a room only when some people had canceled because there were hurricane
warnings.
It rained and the wind blew so hard that the water was coming into the lobby.
I'm glad we weren't in tents.

MOA_Rally_Trip_007.jpg

Back