• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Americade 2010

Does that event attract many Beemer riders? Not trying to be a smart aleck, but I always thought of it as more of a cruiser and Wing event. It's an easy ride from my home but for that reason I've never even considered going. How much interest would BMW generate at such an event? Or have I totally mischaracterized Americade..?

Pete

I've been going for 6-7 years, and BMW has always had a large presence there with their demo bikes and sponsorship of the dinner cruises and events as well as door/raffle prizes. Yes, it's mainly Wings and Harley cruisers, but a lot of BMW riders as well. I'm just surprised this year there is no mention of BMW.

BMW among others have really cut back on shows the last year or so. Only doing two Cycle World shows too. It is true that this event does draw it's share of BMW riders.

I've gone through at some point the last 6 or 7 years and it is mostly a touring crowd. Plenty of everything including BMW's without the usual Daytona scene. It's a nice time with a pretty quiet crowd mostly there to enjoy riding those great roads. Night time on Canada street is busy, but even there it's pretty laid back

Bob
'04 K1200GT

Americade has over 70 separate and separate events. New events are added every year and old ones drop off the menu.

Last year white water rafting and horseback riding was added.

It is mostly a touring event which has a large number of BMW riders.

Sounds like I might have to check it out in person. My impression of the event was formed by television news stories that seemed to show only state troopers setting up highway helmet checks and such. It seemed like the attendees were a different crowd than I ride with, but from what you folks are saying there are more than a few from the Dark Side. See you in, um, June..?

The state trooper stop was announced when and where well in advance. The stop wash to check for license, registration and novelty items. A few illegal ape hangers were napped.

Most locals drove around the check on route nine since there was only one place on the Northway (RT 87) where the check could be made.

It amounted to a mosquito bite on the butt of a bull elephant that got made into a violation of the Bill of Rights and the UN Declaration of Basic Human Rights.

It had absolutely no effect on Americade.

Free dessert and coffee on Friday night!

Back