Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: S1000RR launch results

S1000RR launch results

The press responses to the new machine are starting to come in. It looks like BMW hit it out of the park.

is there a link?
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

front page of motorcycle.com, cmgonline.com, and some others, IIRC.

Thanks Scott
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

want oh want oh want oh want oh want

Over the past few months, I've ridden an MV Agusta F4 Senna, a GSXR1000, a Ducati Streetfighter R and an Aprilia RSV4R.

I'd love to score a ride on an S 1000 RR. It sounds like it's right in the ballpark with those bikes. In the spring, our local dealer with have demo bikes. I'll ride one and report back. I've got just the local ride...
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

They are pretty cool looking and sounding. They had several of them at the BMW Biker Meeting in Garmisch this past July... including the actual race bikes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    want oh want oh want oh want oh want
    That's a lot of scoot meng, I can say that I would jump her but could I ride her proud?
    The question may loom long.
    Nice production bike but honestly I'd like to see the concept six produced, big block too much mass but a gorgeous motorcycle.
    /Hijack off */
    Darryl I hate you, right place right time again!

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    That's a lot of scoot meng, I can say that I would jump her but could I ride her proud?
    The question may loom long.
    Nice production bike but honestly I'd like to see the concept six produced, big block too much mass but a gorgeous motorcycle.
    /Hijack off */
    Darryl I hate you, right place right time again!
    At least we've got the roads for it here. I ride with some guys that are running the latest and greatest sporting stuff, along with some exotica. I think the S 1000 RR will fit right in with it.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

At least we've got the roads for it here. I ride with some guys that are running the latest and greatest sporting stuff, along with some exotica. I think the S 1000 RR will fit right in with it.
    Yes somehow I have a feeling you see the coolest first Dave, where'd I get that?

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    Yes somehow I have a feeling you see the coolest first Dave, where'd I get that?
    It's the region. The bay area is like moto mecca.

Last week, I rode with a Bimota SB8, a ZRX12, a 1983 GPz1100 and a brandy new RSV4R. I was on the RT.

I almost never see Harleys when I'm out. No offense to the HD folks, but I get tired of passing them.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

JAMESDUNN
    It's the region. The bay area is like moto mecca.

Last week, I rode with a Bimota SB8, a ZRX12, a 1983 GPz1100 and a brandy new RSV4R. I was on the RT.

I almost never see Harleys when I'm out. No offense to the HD folks, but I get tired of passing them.
    I like all the bikes you list here. Lots of Harleys on the road in Iowa and consequently that is what I see mostly. Nothin' wrong with that but mundane from my perspective. Last summer while drivin' a car I passed a group of bikes, had to work at it to get around 'em ( 4 lane highway), but I wanted to get a look at the bikes. An eclectic bunch and the kind of bikes I like. There was a new 800GS, a Kawi. Concours, a Ducati and a Triumph! They were packed to go and going they were..... fast. Wish I could have ridden with them, wherever they were going!

On a side note I dropped back. They were well into ticket territory . If I had been on a motorcycle I would have hung with 'em for awhile, but in the car it's not the same fun factor, and didn't want to push my luck!
    Last edited by jamesdunn; 11-29-2009 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdunn View Post
    I like all the bikes you list here. Lots of Harleys on the road in Iowa and consequently that is what I see mostly. Nothin' wrong with that but mundane from my perspective. Last summer while drivin' a car I passed a group of bikes, had to work at it to get around 'em ( 4 lane highway), but I wanted to get a look at the bikes. An eclectic bunch and the kind of bikes I like. There was a new 800GS, a Kawi. Concours, a Ducati and a Triumph! They were packed to go and going they were..... fast. Wish I could have ridden with them, wherever they were going!
    This morning at the Tomales Bakery, there was my R12GS, two R11GSs (didn't know those guys) a heavily modified and streetfightered Mille, a pristing Mille R and a GSXR 1000 ridden by a German guy in full leathers in his 60s. Last week, I saw a Desmosedici ridden by a guy about 75 years old. His chicken strips were a solid two inches wide on each side.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

JAMESDUNN
    This morning at the Tomales Bakery, there was my R12GS, two R11GSs (didn't know those guys) a heavily modified and streetfightered Mille, a pristing Mille R and a GSXR 1000 ridden by a German guy in full leathers in his 60s. Last week, I saw a Desmosedici ridden by a guy about 75 years old. His chicken strips were a solid two inches wide on each side.
    I may have to move to California! Maybe the Desmo is for sale?

criminaldesign
    keith Code is replacing Kaws for the RR in his classes.

Quote Originally Posted by criminaldesign View Post
    keith Code is replacing Kaws for the RR in his classes.
    He's getting a few F800s, too.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA