• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Owners in Barrington, IL

geobeemer

Extra pieces?
Stopped by the local BMW shop, Cycle Werks in Barrington and immediately felt a very friendly welcome. After just a couple minutes I realized that it is finally under new management. After a short while I met the new owners and one of them was even vacuuming the stairs. I like to see owners investing in their own business:clap

The show room was filled with bikes, the clothing department was open again and they have demo rides if your interested in a bike. Luckily the staff has remained so you will still get great service at the parts counter and 'garage'. Stop in and meet the new owner!
I have no affiliation with Cycle Werks but I wanted everyone to know that there is a positive change to an existing shop. At least they didn't go away!!

Thanks for the update.. I was thinking about riding over there this afternoon, if the weather behaves.

Do they have shop t-shirts? :)

Thanks for the update.. I was thinking about riding over there this afternoon, if the weather behaves.

Do they have shop t-shirts? :)

Ya know I didn't notice since I was surprised by the changes. They do have a T-Shirt for a drawing they are having for a couple bikes. I guess you could call it a raffle. For $65 you get the T-Shirt and 1 ticket, for $100 you get an additional ticket (if my memory serves me correctly).

Interesting. I was there last fall. Then, they had a few bikes on the main floor, new. Many more upstairs used. A nice old airhead in the back. No helmets, gear, clothing, shirts, key chains, NOTHING.

For me, it's fun to go into a shop and get a little piece of swag to remember my stop.

Too bad that trip to that shop left me with nothing but an hour and 45 minutes or so out of my way (I was in the cage with the family after a weekend in Chicago, so spare me the "journey" sermons)

Glad to know it's on the up

Guy still manages service and Dan is still in parts.
Great group upstairs (for those who don't know Cycle Werks' service department is on second floor) and the new owners seem decent.

Lots of techs working yesterday when I picked up my '07 RT after having to replace the master cylinder already ARGH! (No rebuild kits for '07 and newer so yes, I said replace)

And what's this little note on my bill ~ "A tiny leak between engine and transmission, OK for now"

It begins!

One of the two bikes in the raffle is . . . . wait for it . . . an S1000RR. (It's right there on the floor for you to ogle)
$65 bucks gets you an entry and a T-shirt.
Stop in, say "hi" and get all the details.

Back