• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vedio camera for my bike K12LT

iwrench2

I'm looking for a Vedio camera for the Redmond OR. trip. That I can mount on 05 k1200LT. I was looking at the Scientific ATC2K, because I'm cheap.

Tanks for any help

Most of the P&S cameras do video and the quality is pretty good, better than the ATC2K.

Only POV video camera I have experience with is the ContourHD. Samples at http://www.youtube.com/user/gscycle

The "putting an R69S on the center stand" 30 second short was shot with a digital SLR on a tripod in video mode. You can use it to compare with the output of the ContourHD on, for example, "The way home from Hollister" video. Compare both at 720P mode to really see the difference.

Audio on a bike is mainly wind noise. I cut the gain way down so it is not too obnoxious and am thinking of adding an audio recorder that I can locate out of the wind stream.

I mount the camera this way:
p-20100102-2002-1400.jpg

or this way:
p-20090828-1420-5585.jpg

Back