• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Storing Extra Visor

gblawler

I have an smoke visor for my HJC helmet that I like to use on bright sunny days. I need to carry the clear visor with me in the event I need to ride after dark.

I recently added hard side cases to my bike, so I can stow the visor there. I am looking for suggestions for covering the visor with something that will keep it from getting scratched. Right now I have it wrapped in packing material, but it is inconvenient to wrap and unwrap it. I would like something I could slip the visor into quickly that would be soft and protect it from scratches.

Any ideas?

I used ( BS...before Shuthbert, with the drop down internal visor, love it ) to use one of my 'shoe socks', the lovely soft drawstring equipped things that nice shoes come in when you buy them...

Or most any 'shoe bag', the kind you use when packing your shoes for a trip...

Jim

An old work sock :thumb

My wife and I have been using these for years. We have a whole drawer full of them. :rofl

Seriosly, a nice cotton sock works great. Then I stow it standing upright in the curve of my tankbag.

My wife and I have been using these for years. We have a whole drawer full of them. :rofl

Seriosly, a nice cotton sock works great. Then I stow it standing upright in the curve of my tankbag.

Hah-good one! Do you use clean or dirty socks?

The reason I like this product, over socks or helmet bags, etc., is that it is tough. If you put it in a bag, and it is rubbing against something, like a rivet, a pen, a screwdriver, etc., it won't poke through. These things are tough. And heck, it's only $13 and will last longer than most helmets.

Back