• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

uview 550000 Airlift Coolant Tool

texanrt

Wondering if anybody has used this tool to purge air from their system during a coolant change -- I saw this demonstrated on a Goldwing video somewhere. If so, does it work as advertised?

41UeqVC8aoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/UView-550000-Airlift-Cooling-Checker/dp/B0002SRH5G

That looks similar to what some guys on the K bike forum have constructed for the Wedge engines. Haven't seen this particular model...worth some reading time this evening.

thanks

I used mine for the first time last night. Refiilling the coolant was the last step in my 18K service. It definitely worked as advertied.

It's purpose built to address filling radiator systems that generate or are suceptible to air pockets due to the relationship of the height of the radiator to that of the block/filling area.

Got it for under $100 w/shipping from Amazon. Thought that was a good deal.

BTW they range in price, I saw some in the $200 range (same model)

Once I get it can let you know more.

I expect to be due for a valve check by the end of the season this year so want to me prepared.

So very timely and informative post - thanks Limecreek!

Maybe Limecreek can shed some light on useage :type

Just ordered one as well. Helen will be surprised when she opens the box from her Amazon account:scratch
Sure looks like it should do the trick...Helen's S is close to a valve check again.

Hey, limecreek...tell us more about your experience and any tips:lurk

and BTW...is that limecreek as in Lake Travis?

It's purpose built to address filling radiator systems that generate or are suceptible to air pockets due to the relationship of the height of the radiator to that of the block/filling area.

Got it for under $100 w/shipping from Amazon. Thought that was a good deal.

BTW they range in price, I saw some in the $200 range (same model)

Once I get it can let you know more.

I expect to be due for a valve check by the end of the season this year so want to me prepared.

So very timely and informative post - thanks Limecreek!

Maybe Limecreek can shed some light on useage :type

It would be great to hear some additional comments or a DIY tech write-up for the forum. :thumb

Click here
for a great write-up and pictures from the K bike site.

Honestly, the fill procedure didn't take more than 15 minutes. Very easy to do.

And, yes the Lake Travis Lime Creek Road.

Cheers!

thanks limecreek!
had seen another thread on K site with a home made system...had not seen that one.

Used to live in Lakeway and rode Limecreek many days when I took the really long way home from N Austin...Met the Travis County and Cedar Park boys a few times...no awards,just some "suggestions" after they found out I rode it a lot.
Gets pretty crazy out there this time of year.

What K bike do you have?

I own an '08KGT--my favorite of the 4 BMWs I've owned.

Lime Creek road is really a residential road now. Dozens of homes have gone up over the past 3 years since the building restrictions were lifted.

My wife and I live off Lime Creek in an adjacent neigborhood.

I own an '08KGT--my favorite of the 4 BMWs I've owned.

Lime Creek road is really a residential road now. Dozens of homes have gone up over the past 3 years since the building restrictions were lifted.

I agree, once upon a time it was even sane to ride a bicycle out there, I used to , wouldn't now....Way too many new driveways and new homes since I moved away. I noticed the squids still meet at the 7-11 parking lot on 620...drove by the other day on way home in the truck.

I am a Matco Tools guy and I can tell you that there are a few coolant system refilling tools. They all work about the same (same principle) and range in price from around $100 to around $200. Most techs who start using one of these tools find them 1/ big time savers, 2/ easy to use without help and 3/ well worth the money. I've heard comments like "I don't know what took me so long to buy one" and "I can't remember what I did before I started using this tool". All the mobile tools guys carry this product by Uview or a similar one.

Back