• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

More Recalls & Campaigns - 2209 F650gs

MrZip

OK, Lets go back to the beginning & make sure you have ALL this Recall/Campaign work done - this is all covered under warranty so no charge to the owner

1. Brake disc fasteners (Manufactured in 2008) Look at your production date

2. Coolant Hose (Hose and fitting will be replaced)

3. Fuel Sensor (Even if not showing a fault BMW will replace)

4. Ventilation hose rerouting to prevent water from flowing into charcoal canister.

5. Software update - Update of BMS KP to cip 12.0 or greater (Stalling issue)

6. Fuel tank replacement (cracking of outer shell) entire assembly will be replaced

7. The brake disc fasteners replaced in item (1) have caused a problem with the correct positioning of the brake caliper - there is a service bulletin to attach new bolts and reposition the caliper.

Quite a few items for a bike a year and a half old - I've got mine scheduled for items 4 -7 next week. 1 - 3 are already done.

Thanks!

MrZip!

Thanks for posting this! I had not heard of item #7

Also, there was a recall/service advisory/whatever for the rear sprocket bolts on some bikes - mine was one of them. Apparently some bikes left the factory with bolts that were not torqued properly. The bolts were inspected and if damaged they were replaced, otherwise they were just torqued to correct value.

I would sure like to see a list of what has changed over the various levels of the CIP that have been released.

I think I am still runing V11.x I had heard that one of the changes in later versions was that the idle speed of the bike was bumped up when bike was in motion and in gear (to help stalling) but this has the bad side effect of reducing engine braking...

Man ... the fuel tank recall is going to cost some big bucks!
The tank has a list price of $800+ and there is a fair amount of labor involved in removing the old tank stripping the parts off of it and installing them on the new tank and putting in the new tank ....

I think on the fuel tank, BMW will replace it only if the customer complains. I'm not sure if the regular warranty applies, but I'm thinking if some bikes may be out of warranty due to mileage that BMW will goodwill the tank, but the customer must initiate a request through the dealer.

Back