• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The First and Last Time I Rode Over my Head

I think the article is very well written.

The author certainly accurately describes the tension that I feel sometimes when I'm having a particularly fun day on the bike. I know there is a speed limit, a blind curve, and the possibility of a deer bounding out of the woods at any time, but sometimes the rush of the perfect ride clouds my good judgment, and the rush of the wind drowns out the nagging voices in my head.

Thanks for sharing, Voni!

Yes, I love the site too! Thanks for posting it. The article is a great reminder to keep the ego in check.
Have a great day!
Kelly

What struck me was that it wasn't other riders pushing her to go further, but herself.
A wholly different perspective.

I too love that site!

Voni
sMiling

Can guys post here?! It reminds me of what a fellow track rider told me before my first track day. Any street rider who thinks (s)he's fast needs to take track riding school. You'll see what fast is and what you're not then!

Also, crashing on the track is part of the learning. That's why I have a cheap track bike with a plethora of used parts available on the web! The same guy told me, "Spend a lot on your leathers, back protector, and chest protector (which is optional) and less so on your bike."

This is a cool site you linked.

Track and Street riding ARE different

Being a person who rides on the track (racing and track days) and on the street, I know where she is coming from. The little voice in my head is always telling me to be safe on the road.:nono On the track the conditions are very different than on the street and you can push yourself and the bike a lot more.:clap On the street you can never be sure of the road or what the other people are going to do. So save it for the track!

Becky

Back