• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bike to bike full face helmet

miairhead

I am thinking about getting a communication system for bike to bike.
I use a modular helmet. I did not see anyone comment on a system.

We use modular helmets - Nolan 102s. We have AutoComm systems with the Kenwood radios and speakers in the helmets. Works very well for us, both bike to bike and 2 up.

+1 for the Autocom. Some buddies and I are just getting the final touches done on our systems, but they seem to work great. Music, cell phone, intercom, and bike to bike all in one unit. Pretty cool! :thumb I'm using a Nolan 102 modular and the components fell right into place.

Communication

Tom,

My brother and I got to try out the Cardo Scala G4. We rode for 17 hours in two days. The quality is excellent and i can hear him perfectly. He has a modular helmet and i had the full face ARAI Quantum. Just make sure to properly place the ear pieces to hear better. The foam on the mouthpiece can be irritating, but you get used to it. The entire trip was more enjoyable and safer with us watching for other cars trying to swerve into us. Try it out, I recommend it HIGHLY---Cardo Scala G4

Marius

Tom,

My brother and I got to try out the Cardo Scala G4. We rode for 17 hours in two days. The quality is excellent and i can hear him perfectly. He has a modular helmet and i had the full face ARAI Quantum. Just make sure to properly place the ear pieces to hear better. The foam on the mouthpiece can be irritating, but you get used to it. The entire trip was more enjoyable and safer with us watching for other cars trying to swerve into us. Try it out, I recommend it HIGHLY---Cardo Scala G4

Marius

I took the foam off my Q2 with no problems reported by people I talk to while riding. My helmet is a scorpion 900 flip.

I have a Scalarider setup, the one that comes with 2 sets in a box. It is the one before the G4, the Q@, I believe. Love it & would go to the G4 if I had to replace it. I can go rider/passenger & also communicate with a buddy on another bike just fine. Only complaint is that it has the speakers hardwired into the setup, so in wanting to go to speaker-ear-plugs, I have to solder & heat shrink, cutting the stock wires...

I like the Scala as well. The bluetooth is full duplex and eliminated the need to press a transmit button. The range is OK for riders staying in sight of each other. Installation was about five minutes per helmet. The only downside was that I found out that my wife talks to herself when she rides.

German helmet maker Schuberth just brought out a system based on the Cardo Scala. It fully integrates into the collar of the Concept or C2 helmets.
http://www.schuberth.com/en/products/motorcycle/src-system.html
The user can simply replace the helmet collar with the intercom collar. Looks very slick but 300 Euro. Not sure if they offer it in the US because Schuberth helmets are no longer sold here. Many of us still have a Concept or C2, though.

experience with these units?

I'm looking at the G4 & the Sena SMH10 - $219 a piece or less buying 2 set.$399
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/sena-smh10-intercom/
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/sena-smh10-intercom/sena-smh10-part-2.htm
Who knows what Autocom is up to after being boughtout & wires & their proriety cables are to way overpriced.
How do you like the G4?

I saw the same reviews. Also the Interphone review off the Scala G4 review.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/interphone-f4/

The Sensa looks good also. Waiting to see what there comparison review says.

Anyone have experience with these other units as well? Thoughts?

We run Starcom1. Husband has a modular helmet and the headset works fine. I wear a standard full face. I can integrate my Zumo with blackberry and satellite radio; bike to bike and MP3 player with no worries.

Scala Rider G4 Just Ordered

My friend Susan and I just made the plunge for the G4 Multipac (two matched sets in one package). $345 including shipping, no tax on Ebay. Just thought with a two week trip to the rally coming up we needed a communication system from rider to pillion. I have a HJC modular and she has a HJC 3/4. I'll post results after our first ride, we might have it for this weekend. Steve :bikes

I am thinking about getting a communication system for bike to bike.
I use a modular helmet. I did not see anyone comment on a system.

I've purchased a number of Cardo Scala Rider Q2 headsets in the past two years. When my wife and I started using them all our MC friends tried them out and just had to have a set so I've purchased at least five of the sets and haven't had one complaint.

The cheapest prices I've found are on eBay and the Q2 (two complete headsets) goes for around $250.00 which is a lot cheaper than buying at your local BMW dealership where they seel them for $500.00.

Great unit, great price and it has changed the way my wife and I ride. We just love them.
cbcK1200S - Colin

Tried the Scala Rider G4

We did a club ride on Saturday after receiving the units on Friday night. I tried to install them on Saturday before the ride and we didn't have great success. We did get them working quite nicely after working the bugs out. I think these are going to be great, Susan loves being able to listen to her own IPod and we like being able to communicate on the road.

I took the foam off my Q2 with no problems reported by people I talk to while riding. My helmet is a scorpion 900 flip.

Have a pair of the Q2's coming today to try with my wife and I. Anxious.

R11 - I have an EXO 900 too. Would love to see how you mounted yours and got the mic under the chin shield???

Mix and Match

I have a StarCom1 with Kenwood B2B.. Can I communicate with another bike using a G4?

Back