• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2010 Frosty Nutz??

xp8103

The YB site doesn't give much detail? Is there much to give? 4 of us (well, 5 including my son) are planning to make the ride up likely Friday afternoon. Is there any sort of sign up or just show??

Is firewood available at the campground?

The YB site doesn't give much detail? Is there much to give? 4 of us (well, 5 including my son) are planning to make the ride up likely Friday afternoon. Is there any sort of sign up or just show??

Is firewood available at the campground?

From the YB Forum.

Greetings,

Some FAQ's on the Frosty Nutz:

Q: What is the Frosty Nutz?
A: The Nutz is the first campout of the season for the Yankee Beemers. It is a casual campout in a Vermont State Park.

Q: Which State Park? I heard you used to go to Jamaica but have moved.
A: Last year we relocated to the Wilgus State Park. Jamaica was great, Wilgus is even better!

Q: Is there food? Is the Toy Box there?
A: There is no food on site, but there are plenty of stores and restaurants nearby. There is generally a communal cooking fire or two. The Toy Box does not attend. Bring your own plate and utensils.

Q: What about coffee, I hear sometimes you have it?
A: That's a hit or miss deal although this year there may be a coffee pot at one of the cabins. Bring your own mug.

Q: I hear there are lean to's. How do I get one and what's the deal?
A: There are 8 lean to's which are first come first served. The lean to's can sleep up to 8, please don't put tents up inside lean to's especially if it is raining. You can meet a great group of folks under communal shelter.

Q: What's up with the cabins?
A: There are two cabins, each with a double futon and bunk beds. One may be used as "rally central" (coffee pot) and the other is reserved for a handicapped member, however word is he may not be coming. If one or both cabins are available we'll have a lottery at the April meeting. The cost of the cabin must be paid by the individual and everyone in the cabin must also pay the rally fee.

Q: I want to get a lean to, what's the earliest I can arrive?
A: We have the park under a special use permit the weekend before they open to the public. Our permit starts at 2pm on April 30th (Friday) however we can arrive anytime after noon. Please do not arrive earlier, there is no camping on Thursday night.

Q: I like a nice campfire, can we burn and if so what's up with wood?
A: Burn baby burn, just keep it in the fire ring and exercise good judgement. You can purchase dried firewood from the Ranger.

Q: What's the cost?
A: Come Friday it's $20. Show up Saturday it's $10. If you have a YB Gold Card it's included. Please take pride in your purchase and be prepared to show off your bling (as in your gold card). When you show up please find me and get your headlight sticker and wristband.

Q: Are there any rides or events planned?
A: There are! On Saturday morning Doug Mo and I will lead a A level dual sport ride. This is a 100% knobbies required ride. In a repeat of last years most successful time, Doug Mo and Melissa Ryan will be opening their home and the Mo Museum for lunch. There will be groups going out for rides Saturday then meeting at D&M's for lunch. This is weather dependant, if it rains we're not going to track mud all over the place.

Q: I'm in do I need to pre-register?
A: Nope, just show up and have fun!

Frosty Forecast

Weather for the Frosty Nutz looks great!

Friday mostly sunny, high 66 low 39
Saturday, partly cloudy high 72 low 49
Sunday, mostly cloudy high 75 low 51

Saturday we're having a few rides including an A level dual sport. All rides will meet up at Doug Morrision's Museum in Chester. Doug's museum is full of bikes and memorabilia. One of the bikes is a genuine Krauser. How rare is a Krauser? Only 200 were produced and only 13 were imported to the United States in 1982.

Lunch will be provided to visitors from noon to three or until the food runs out, whichever happens first.

Sunday morning We'll be packing up and heading over to Bethel for a BMWMOV breakfast.

It's going to be a great weekend!

Park opens at 10am Friday. No need to get their "first" for the best spot, every site has shade, fire ring and picnic table.

Back