Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The never ending "which tire" dielema for the GS.

At least I thought I ordered them. Tuns out that the front tire is unavailable nation wide. I called several large distributors. Since I have the Anakee 2 rear coming, would it be advisable to purchase the original Anakee for the front? The Anakee 2 replaced the original Anakee. I think part of the difference is that the 2s wear better.
    Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

I just got off of the phone with Michelin and they said that they didn't have a date for when my tire would be available but that the same tire in an S rating (faster) would be available in July. I then asked them about the advisability of using the Anakee 2 on the rear and the Anakee on the front and they said it was not advisable. Guess I'll have to wait until July. Meantime I have some 50/50 Dunlap's that are in good shape that I can use. Bummer. The Gripsters on there now are shot.

Horenga,

that's the reason why I didn't order the Anakee 2: UNAVAILABLE, yet. And because I used the previous Anakee with satisfaction I didn't bother to wait for the -2 version.

/Guenther

I thought I had found a dealer with them in stock. As it turns out not all dealer's Web sites are up to date as to stock availability. The tires came up as available at check out but I was notified by email that the front was unavailable. It pays to call and confirm availability.

R100GS tires mix bias ply front with radial rear?

I'm researching new tires for my 1991 R100GS, and it looks like the best rated tires from Metzeler and Michelin (the Tourance, and Anakee) offer me a bias ply front 90/90-21 with radial rear 130/80-17.

After all of the warnings I have seen regarding mixing the radials and non-radials, I find this rather odd. Any thoughts?

I never had any problems with this setup (only radial for the rear). In fact I just put a new set of Anakees on exactly like that because the front radial was not available.

The speed rating of the tires has to be "sufficient".

Now if I had a rice cooker going 150+ mph I might have second thoughts.

/Guenther

From MARS
    A couple of weeks ago, I put on a set of Metzeler Sahara 3's (tube-type). They have 1000mi on them now, and I'm very pleased.

Tom