• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1200GT and Garmin 2730

merrittgene

2006 K1200GT, 1986 K100
I have a new (to me) 2006 K1200GT that needs a GPS mount. I have a Garmin 2730 and a Touratech locking cradle.

I'm looking for GPS mount recommendations.

The Touratech attaches to a 1/2" (?) diameter bar, but what I want is a really clean installation, so I'm open to cradle suggestions.

I'd like to mount the GPS in the center (not off to the side) but I'm not sure if I shoudl choose low (between the handlebars) or high (above the speedo, under the windscreen.)

I've seen some options by looking through Google Images, but I've had no luck finding vendors.

So, I'd love to hear what other K1200GT owners have done.

Back