• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Custom Vanson?

theblueeagle

'91 K100LT, '99 R1100RT
Has anyone ever had a custom Vanon jacket made? I'm seriously considering one to replace my worn (and long ill fitting) leather jacket. The reason for considering a "custom" jacket is my funky measurements. I'm relatively trim, high waisted, LONG armed and moderately tall. Most "off the rack" jackets just don't fit well. I know, it will be expensive but feel it is well worth it for something that fits well and lasts a long time.

Thank you for your opinions and suggestions.

Never ordered a custom Vanson, but I have both pro-perf and solid Vanson jackets. They still may have their free armor available, and you might ask them (always pleasant and helpful by phone) while ordering custom to add or subtract pockets, velcro patches, subdued or reflective Vanson patches etc....might as well have the outfit built to accommodate your gadget/wallet/etc. placement. Good riding.

being of the gangly myself, years back I had a leather jacket made to measure by vanson, had a local tailor take the measurements and talked to vanson about riding positions(R100RS) wore that perfect leather for 20+ years, that being said a few years back I purchased a tour master jacket and pants because they were one a very few companies that had tall sizes off the rack,it all fits, the price was great, rain and quilted liners included, 25-100 degrees it al works well...still pull on the vanson (triple weight leather) for a cool morning ride,,,,,

Back