• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Volunteering?

H

HODAG

Looks like I finally will be able to attend a national, and am interested in volunteering. I'm just not sure which area to volunteer for, anyone with an opinion? Any area need more help than the other?
Mark

Hey Mark,

Thank you for considering spending some time helping out at your first National. I have met some wonderful riders from all over as a result of a few shifts.

Just about every aspect of the event can use help. As Brad mentioned a good place to start is the committee chair list. In addition to providing contact info for the chairs, you can also get an idea of what needs to be done by checking out the list of committees. I would suggest that if you see any committees that sound appealing contact the chair and offer your services. There are also some committees that need help setting up (beer garden, registration) if you want to come early. I happen to enjoy working with the setup crew as much as the rally itself but be warned, setup is an all day affair. (But you can score a great camping spot)

If you like people registration is a great place to be, you get to greet folks that have ridden in from all over the country and welcome them to the rally.
If you don't there are also plenty of vital tasks that are well removed from the center of activity.

Once again thank you for considering helping out. Without folks like you our rally would either cost $$$ or really stink.

Best,

What Rob said. Find something that interests you. Or, put your hat in the ring with me directly, there may be some super secret awesome spots to fill.

Queston

Rob: There is a Nye County in Nevada. Named after one of the pioners of the State. Are you a relative. :D

John Ephlin said:
Rob: There is a Nye County in Nevada. Named after one of the pioners of the State. Are you a relative. :D

Rob got stopped for speeding during the Iron Butt Rally, in Nye county... they let him go, or so the legend goes.

John Ephlin said:

John,

Every Nye in the United States is a decendant of Benjamin Nye who landed in Massachusetts with the Pilgrims so the answer is yes.

I did get pulled over in Nye County during the last Iron Butt Rally and by pointing out that my name was on his uniform I was able to get by with a warning. :)

Best,

Rob Nye

Rob Nye said:
I did get pulled over in Nye County during the last Iron Butt Rally and by pointing out that my name was on his uniform I was able to get by with a warning. :)

You sneaky devil, you.

Here's to pilgrims' progress.

Rob Nye said:
John,

Every Nye in the United States is a decendant of Benjamin Nye who landed in Massachusetts with the Pilgrims so the answer is yes.

Best,

Rob Nye

Only you Rob would have an organization devoted to your family's last name. That's great.

Back