• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rite of Spring Ride Part 2

I'll make sure to NOT wash the RT this time so the weather will stay sunny, that and as long as we stay away from My Greylock, we should be ok ;)

Dang guys, I can't make it. Have to be at the store since I have had some staffing changes. Someone shoot some photos for me and have a great, safe ride!

Steve,

Just leave the store open with a price list at the register. People will just leave money and lock up for you... :whistle

Garmin file

I made an attempt at converting the google directions into a Garmin downloadable file. It is close but not perfect. There may be a slight issue in Great Barrington.

Attachments

• share_routes.gpx
    100.3 KB · Views: 3
I made an attempt at converting the google directions into a Garmin downloadable file. It is close but not perfect. There may be a slight issue in Great Barrington.

The Google for some reason wanted to go north and then back south in Great barrington. Basically when you hit 7 from 23 you go left (south) on 7 and everything else is fine. BMWPhreak suggested bypassing Great barrington and connecting w/7 further sout, I think in Sheffield. That makes sense and avoids the Great Barrington sprawl.

Dang I wish I could be there!

Here is the Garmin file with the deviation around Great Barrington and the lunch stop to Toy Maker's Cafe.

Attachments

• Rite of Spring.gpx
    76.8 KB · Views: 9
Pete, I see you are coming from RI. I am in Putnam, CT... want to hook up for the ride in?

Have fun you all! I'll catch you for a upcoming event. Eager to put some miles on my new RT and meet some local folks! Looks to be GREAT weather.

Last edited:
The RT is prepped and ready to go, routes will be loaded into the Garmin after supper. I'll be rolling out of the garage around 7:30 AM tomorrow for the meet up at the Westborough service plaza, see you all tomorrow!

P.S. Luis, I got voice dial working over my bluetooth setup again and your cell number is still in my contacts, I'll call you if I get delayed in the morning.

just comfirming, 8:15am Westborough, mass pike west bound service area, look for peolpe wearing funny looking clothes in the food court.

My bike is prep'ed and will have cell phone on

working on Ann's

I would say meet outside by the food court/gas area.

Thanks for the updated gpx file - see everyone there at 815

We'll hang out for a bit and we should target leaving around 830 to be at Windsdor Locks for the 10AM get together

:thumb

Excellent day for a ride!!

Excellent ride for a day!!

The Lunch suggestion was awesome and the roads were great.

Hope everyone had as much fun on such a glorious day.

Special thanks to Steve (Oldhway) in putting a wonderful viariety of roads together. :thumb :thumb

Thanks to all who rode. It was nice to meet some new people. Sorry about the routing mix-up on the way home... I was baked by that heat! :hungover

No issues on the separation.

Annemarie , Joe and I met up with Phil at the Charlston rest stop and continued on home.

Great time - post some pictures if you have them

Back