• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

riding gloves

Bezdelnik

Got curvy roads?
Not Elk

Purchased a pair of Held gloves. Pricey, but incredible gloves. Very satisfied with them. They have a reputation of lasting years so the $$$ spent will even out over time.

Been wearing Held's for over 10 years, best glove $$ can buy, IMHO

I must have gotten a bad set of gloves from Held. The stitching on my Held Steve gloves fell apart in about a year. They were really comfortable to wear, but I was disappointed with how poorly they held up.

After that I went with a pair of Aerostich Elk Skin Gauntlets. A bit bulkier than the Held's, but very comfortable and super durable.

I bought some from the morgan co. in wash. I think, I like them very much. I bought the ones with the seams on the outside.

I must have gotten a bad set of gloves from Held. The stitching on my Held Steve gloves fell apart in about a year. They were really comfortable to wear, but I was disappointed with how poorly they held up.

After that I went with a pair of Aerostich Elk Skin Gauntlets. A bit bulkier than the Held's, but very comfortable and super durable.

There was supposedly some quality issues when they moved production from Germany a few years ago, but I heard they got it straightened out quickly, and stood behind the bad ones.

There was supposedly some quality issues when they moved production from Germany a few years ago, but I heard they got it straightened out quickly, ...

and stood behind the bad ones.

That wasn't my experience. Hopefully the quality and customer service has been better for others. They lost me as a customer, but that happens. Can't make everyone happy. YMMV, etc.

Gloves

I'm with Alzyck. I thought the Held Steves were the best thing since sliced bread when I got them, but they wore a hold through the throttle-hand thumb in a few years. I've had much cheaper gloves that lasted longer and won't go back to Held.

I'm a huge fan of Fox Creek gloves--I have four pairs. Strangely, though, I like the elk skins ones the least. They give me hand fatigue after a couple of hours.

Back