• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Zumo 550 and false weather notifications?

beemermyke

I've got the XM weather option on my Zumo 550, and was wondering... does anyone else get those annoying weather notifications when the skies are sunny and clear for 1000 miles around you? I am now getting a notification within minutes of powering up my GPS. It advises you of bad weather, and asks if you want to view. If you select YES, it always indicates "nothing found". If you select NO, you'll have the little thunder cloud/lighting bolt icon on the screen. I'm at a loss as to wether this is a Zumo software issue, or an XM issue.

I get them occasionally here in the local area. (Near St. Louis) Based on no facts whatsoever, I think they are an XM issue. The Zumo is just a receiver.

My wife has an XM radio in car. She tried the maps/weather and such and gave them all up as too inaccurate.

I've got the XM weather option on my Zumo 550, and was wondering... does anyone else get those annoying weather notifications when the skies are sunny and clear for 1000 miles around you? I am now getting a notification within minutes of powering up my GPS. It advises you of bad weather, and asks if you want to view. If you select YES, it always indicates "nothing found". If you select NO, you'll have the little thunder cloud/lighting bolt icon on the screen. I'm at a loss as to wether this is a Zumo software issue, or an XM issue.

For the last year I used it, this same thing happened to me constantly. It's XM's fault. They have no idea what they are doing. The Zumo is merely displaying the received alerts.

It's XM's fault. They have no idea what they are doing. The Zumo is merely displaying the received alerts.

I'm inclined to agree with you. Calling the folks at XM (probably New Dehli) isn't likely to resolve the problem either. They read off a "script" whereas the folks at Garmin are much more helpful. Based on my observations dealing with both companies, Murphy's Law says it's gonna be an XM issue. :dunno

Back