• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tool Kit?

No, but;

I've bought the swivel hex and allen wrenches from them, not found anywhere else. I'm very happy to add them to my kit:). Very tidy and in their own pouches. I've done business with these folks several times at rallies without issue:)...I like to build my own tool kit, but these prices are right in line with others selling the same ready tool kits. Over priced, maybe, maybe not. Its your satisfaction and funds that matters most. Another alternative I've found on the cheap, is HF Tools. Almost entirely offshore/China made stuff, but like I said, on the cheap and you can build a kit easily. Most all the "auto parts stores" sell tools rather cheap too...Randy:usa

Does anyone have this tool kit? Could you comment on your experience with it and the quality? Thanks, Don

http://www.advdesigns.net/ulcobmwr1gsg.html

I've seen some of their stuff at shows and it looks good, but I've never used it.

My question is why all the combo wrenches. I think the only one I carry is a 17mm open end to adjust mirrors onmy GS in case of a tumble. The only other wrench I might use is for bleed nipples... and I don't expect to have to use it on the road. I can't think of much else that would require a box or open end wrench.

I say 200$ for a handful of tools somebody else thinks you need is way too much. You need to decide what you want to do at the side of the road and prepare for that.

Somewhere between:
a) Something to play with while waiting for the tow truck.
and
b) Enough stuff to rebuild your motor if the sight glass falls out.

Everyone is on the spectrum, pick your spot and tool up for it. And try it all out at home before you hit Mongolia. There are always surprises. So far, all of my surprises have been unexpected. YMMV

Back