• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hot weather jacket

Olympia Airglide 2

Love this jacket in the summer. The liner is plenty warm when the morning temp is running around 38, pull the liner out and it is great at 100+ degrees.

I also have the matching pants and they've been great.

If it's hot, humid and you expect rain and you are traveling some distance and carry only one jacket:
BMW comfort shell. Nothing else.

I just got a new Vanson Vent Max 4 on Saturday, rode with it yesterday. I kept reaching up to ensure that it was zipped up, thinking it was not. But it was. Great airflow. Highly recommended.

I just got a new Vanson Vent Max 4 on Saturday, rode with it yesterday. I kept reaching up to ensure that it was zipped up, thinking it was not. But it was. Great airflow. Highly recommended.

Does the Vent Max 4 have a waterproof pocket for you wallet? If so, is it a pretty sturdy pocket (take lots of opening and closing at gas stops)? I had called Vanson, but could never get a direct answer.

Does the Vent Max 4 have a waterproof pocket for you wallet? If so, is it a pretty sturdy pocket (take lots of opening and closing at gas stops)? I had called Vanson, but could never get a direct answer.

The Vanson Vent Max 4 is completely flow-through. It has only two small pockets, neither of which is waterproof. It does have shoulder and elbow armor which is substantial and leather coated. It has a removable foam back protector, which I have removed. I have a stand-alone rain liner from my Cortec GX-air, which also has a zip out liner, which I plan to pack on the bike in case of rain. The Vanson is only concerned with maximum air flow in a protective jacket. But, it does that VERY well!:wave

The Venting Machine is ok. The Comfort Shell is not bad either, given the side zippers in the front and back. However, as many said, when it is hot, nothing is comfortable.

Given that I wear a jacket in any case, I sold the Venting Machine to buy an airflow leather jacket from AlpineStar which is no lesser comfortable than the Venting Machine, but definitely more protective in case of need.
There are other air vent leather jackets from Dainese with a special "bubble" liner that increases comfort when very hot, plus very good style which does not hurt. I do not buy BMW gear anymore, definitely not competitive as for price here. In any case I prefer Dainese.

Last edited:
I have had good luck with the Tourmaster Transition 2 jacket like the bloke a few posts before me. Modest price and helpful to have the panels and liner for when the winds shift and the 50 degree breezes come off Lake Michigan towards Chicago. I always found the key is to have some polypro type sweat wicking shirt on underneath to help with the cooling. Happy riding.
Ex Chi-Town Boy.

Back