• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Land Between the Lakes / Madmaps

N

n8ure2

Anyone here use Madmaps? http://www.madmaps.com/

I took a ride Satuday in the wet/cold from Nashville. I rode HWY24 to Clarksville then picked up on a madmaps loop up through land between the lakes. http://www.lbl.org/
In Cumberland City there was a ferry ride across the river then though many backroads to the park. Once inside the park, there were many dirt side roads to explore, but I only ventured off on 2 of them since I was alone and it was so wet / muddy.
out of the park and back on the backroads to Marion. Where I had some BBQ at Marion Pit BBQ as recommended by madmaps. It was a huge plate of food and did a good job of warming me up for a while.

All in all it was about 260 mile round trip and was a pleasure.

Jeff :bikes

do you use a digital version of the maps with a GPS? Which GPS unit? I am behind the times and am just using the paper maps, which at times tests your navigational skills.

I have not yet invested in a GPS for my bike. using paper maps and my iphone means I do a lot of stopping to check my location.

do you use a digital version of the maps with a GPS? Which GPS unit? I am behind the times and am just using the paper maps, which at times tests your navigational skills.

I have not yet invested in a GPS for my bike. using paper maps and my iphone means I do a lot of stopping to check my location.
I purchased the pulp based version and digital version of each map. While I like using a GPS I still like looking at a map and getting a rough idea of where I want to ride.

I am using a Zumo 550.

Back