• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

100,000 mile award question

M

Mudbug

I know BMWMOA has a 100,000 mile award. Does BMW Motorrad USA still award their bronze medallion for 100,000 miles?

Hope you have better luck with your dealer than I did. They had no idea what I was talking about. I had to find the form online and print it and fill it out for my 200K award and then hand it to them. Then a month later when the MOA mileage thing ended I took that form in to be signed. I was asked why I keep bothering them with these mileage forms. None of their other customers bother them with this stuff and they would like it if I didn't either.

Hope you have better luck with your dealer than I did. They had no idea what I was talking about. I had to find the form online and print it and fill it out for my 200K award and then hand it to them. Then a month later when the MOA mileage thing ended I took that form in to be signed. I was asked why I keep bothering them with these mileage forms. None of their other customers bother them with this stuff and they would like it if I didn't either.

Hi, Tom,
Were I you, I would not "bother" them by being their customer. I would make sure I had a talk with the owner to make sure he understood why you would no longer "bother" them with your patronage, too. And if HE gave you the same feeling, I would make sure this list knew that, and knew which dealer you were talking about.

Boy Tom, I can just feel the love you're getting from them.

My dealer in LA keeps track of all her customers' mileages, even if they don't know about it. Since she has all of my records, I go through her to get my awards when they come up, even though I haven't lived within 400 miles of her shop in almost 20 years.

Every other year her shop holds a 100,000 mile party and invites all the 100k+ customers for hot dogs and burgers.

So how do you start tracking your mileage? I probably have 500 miles down, but want to start tracking so I can some day get an award! Where do you start?

Take a picture of your odometer every January 1st. Keep receipts for tires.

OK, this works. I guess I need to start late this year! I could use my purchase mileage as a start point I guess. I have only owned it 4 months. Does this apply only for 1 bike, or can you ride multiple? I assume, if I ride my Yamaha, it wouldn't count...

Just BMW miles. But can be on any number of BMW's. If you keep records that can reasonably assure your dealer that you've ridden the miles that's what counts.

Voni
sMiling

Or... find a dealer that will do the work for you. :) I guess that's why I keep buying bikes from West Valley Cycle Sales.

Miles of smiles.:p
118601603_5Zdgz-M.jpg

Where do you find the form on line?

It was about a 1 1/2 years ago so my memory isn't real good, but I'm pretty sure I googled it and found it fairly easy. Of course now when I try to find it again I can't. :scratch

Anyone else have a link to the form. If someone finds it this time I will save the link. :whistle

Keeping track

Also, for Ridealot, California and most other states if not all, require that the current mileage is recorded when a change of ownership occurs. So, that should be your starting point for each BMW bike you own or both start and end points for bikes you have owned in the past. When I submitted my forms, my dealer took my estimate and essentially did a quick verification with their service records and glanced at the current bike's odometer for good measure, but they pretty much trusted me. They processed both awards happily and took photos of the owner handing me my certificate and medallion each time!

Most dealers know about the BMW Motorrad USA awards and are happy to get them and present them.

Here is Voni getting her 900,000 mile award from Mike Jones at Engle Motors in Kansas City.

Attachments

• x2010-16.jpg
    x2010-16.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 183
Most dealers know about the BMW Motorrad USA awards and are happy to get them and present them.

Here is Voni getting her 900,000 mile award from Mike Jones at Engle Motors in Kansas City.

That CAN"T be Voni. That lady has BLACK pants on.:dance

:dance:dance:dance

MY dealer in Las Vegas was aware of the program, but we (as far as I know) were the first to apply. It took seven months to get the award back from BMW, but I did finally get it...Here is Peter Vanderhofft ( owner of BMW of Las Vegas) presenting us with the award. My bike is a 1991 K100RS.

Steven
BMWMOA #69791

Attachments

• DSC_0907.jpg
    DSC_0907.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 116
Back