Thread: New to me 800GS

New to me 800GS

Whhooohooo....After talking to a good client about it for 7-8 months I just bought his 09' FARKLED F800GS. I caught a ride up to Mischlers BMW in Beaver Dam, WI on Tues and handed them a check. (thanks Art! Love nice easy transactions!) He had been storing it there and I just couldn't wait any longer.

Got to get it some racks and bags for spring! And a set of aux lights. That is the only shortcoming I have found so far in 200ish miles of riding. Well, I can tell it'll need a bit more suspension and the some tweaks for some serious fire trail riding but that's down the road. This is the to-from work bike now that the GS R-bike has become the uber long distance bike.

Man I like the yellow/black a lot more than I thought I would. So do the clients that have seen it. i have it in my shop so I can stare at it all day!

Did I say this thing is a hoot! And I have 6 other bikes.....I think I like this one the best so far but each is a different animal with a different purpose.

About it....
    Jason
    Give a hand. http://www.akitas.org

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

F800gs

I have one myself, it's an animal. I have been using mostly BMW accessories as while most of the time more expensive they were the right ones. I have the three bag black vario set and the way they work is great. good luck and have fun.

A few hundred miles so far. Have to get the aero sorted out though....way too much wind noise.
    Jason

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

Wind noise

Not real sure on the wind noise as I also switched to a modular helmet-N102. I also have that ear ringing problem so it sound like a cross between a summer night and a whistling tea kettle all the time. I do wonder about a windshield change. I am working on adding music to help mix it up.

I've been through the 36 page thread on ADV and will be trying some different things. I'll report back. I use dedicated formed ear plugs or my Etimotic ear buds. Both have a similar noise reduction. Either way at anything beyond 50mph it's reaaaaaalllllly bad.

I stand up, clean air (duh) or if I slide back 4-5 inches and extend my head up, clean air. My wife got a brief ride and said it was fine. One time being the pillion is an advantage.

I just don't want a huge shield. I have a GS1100 w/ Aeroflow for that. I just think it isn't too much to ask for a bit of quiet. The wind isn't a big deal as far as pushing me off the bike.(other complaints I've heard) I'm just stronger than the average bear.
    Jason