• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Indy Moto GP

tbonesr1100

Getting my act together to attend the Indy GP in August. Has anyone here attended? What's the best spot to sit as there are a bunch of choices? We're planning on camping at the track...It would be great to gather with other MOA folks!

I've been the last two years and we sit in the upper covered grandstands where pit road empties into turn one. I believe the track uses the term "Penthouse." Not a bad spot for viewing, but really nice when it starts raining or the sun is beating down. Two years ago when it was rain shortened, the covered grandstand was very nice. You can see all of the front stretch and the infield through NASCAR turns 1 and 2 until the riders hit the real infield off turn 2.

I think lots of folks sit along the back stretch and we have spied those spots as well. There seems to be lots of nice grass back there just perfect for a Kermit chair and probably a bit more elbow room than the grandstands. This is probably the place to meet others.

I don't know that you can go wrong anywhere. It is MotoGP after all!

Back