• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

anybody have dealer listing in Europe/Asia

K

khpostma

As the title says: anybody have a listing of all dealer listings in Europe and Asia. BMW N/A is unhelpfull to the max. I guess they expect you to have internet access wherever you are, as in "on the side of the road", to look it up over the internet. 4 e-mails with these guys and no progress. Won't even give me an e-mail address to ask somebody in Germany. SOMEBODY must have a list one would think.

I know, I know asking for a GPS listing is way out of line to expect.

KP

As the title says: anybody have a listing of all dealer listings in Europe and Asia. BMW N/A is unhelpfull to the max. I guess they expect you to have internet access wherever you are, as in "on the side of the road", to look it up over the internet. 4 e-mails with these guys and no progress. Won't even give me an e-mail address to ask somebody in Germany. SOMEBODY must have a list one would think.

I know, I know asking for a GPS listing is way out of line to expect.

KP

KP,
It might seem reasonable that "SOMEBODY" has a single list of all BMW bike dealers in Europe and Asia--(and it's possible that, indeed, somebody at BMW Motorrad corp/ Munich might attempt to keep such a list).

BUT, it's equally reasonable that no such single list exists: considering that there are at any time, ~ 200 dealers in Germany alone, and probably an equal number in all other Euro countries combined. That's not counting Asia, Africa, S. America, etc. There's as much change/ volatility in the retail dealer network in Europe as in the US, and it's no small task to keep any such list current.

That's among the reasons BMW Motorrad has separate websites for each country subsidiary--because it's the responsibility of each country subsidiary to manage the dealer network in that country, including the dealer "list" for that country.

Bottomline: it's a pain in the butt, but you can create your (hardcopy? excel file? whatever) own list of dealers from the separate BMW Motorrad websites of whichever countries you might be interested/ traveling in.

The only "publicly" accessible alternative I'm aware of (given current technology + marketing) is that there appears to be a European-wide BMW dealer list pre-installed as a separate "POI" sub-file on the (proprietary) BMW/ Garmin "Navigator IV" (Zumo 660) GPS units, e.g.:

http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/equipment/navigation-communication/navigator-iv/technical-data.html

"Map data: MapSourceÔäó European City Navigator NT: Contains detailed data for Western and Eastern Europe (40 countries) with motorways, country roads and important major roads plus POIs such as restaurants, hotels, shops, sights, workshops
Including BMW Motorrad dealer database (BMW Motorrad dealers, customer service outlets, etc.)
Map data is already preinstalled on the device..." [end quote]

(and apparently update-able if you're a registered owner/ user of the BMW Garmin unit).

This is similar to the "BMW Motorrad dealer database" pre-installed on the North American version of the same proprietary BMW Zumo GPS.

The website, www.smellybiker.com, is well-known as a user-generated 'worldwide' GPS track & POI list, which includes some contributor's BMW dealer lists GPS coords for some specific countries.

Keep trying and good luck :)

Back