• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Notice of theft, NW

D

doktortim

Riders in the greater Portland, OR area please be on the lookout. Reward for recovery.

Just a note to let you know, My custom tailored Langlitz Columbia was pilfered by a sneak thief the morning of Friday March 5 in Hillboro, OR.

Being custom tailored for me, it has my name typed into the interior pocket lining, Timothy P. Stephens.

It is a Columbia, dark brown goat hide, with contrasting light brown trim on the outside pockets. It has belt loops for my Sam Brown Belt. Just last year Langlitz replaced the thin collar and added a leather half circle to the lining at upper back. Two outside zip pockets, zip at wrists. Men's size 38 approx.

Keep your eyes pealed for the dark brown with light brown pocket trim. Please keep it in mind through out this years rallys. If you see it, please report it.

Reward for return, more for the severed hands of the thief.

Contacts:
Hillsboro Police, Justin, 503-629-0111,
file no. 100640761 1st degree theft, felony.

Me, T.P. Stephens, 503-648-3548

:banghead

Last edited:
Too bad:(.

Some punk of any age, probably got it for stupid reasons, like drugs or something bad like it. Keep a watch at your local Pawn Shops too, as these kind of idiots are always in for the quick buck! It may well get sold at a pawn shop. I'm also from a past of road warrior, Officer in the Washington DC area and you too, apparently have some kind of conection to it all. Best regards...Randy:thumb

Purely out of curiosity, and so I might avoid the same fate, where was your jacket when it was stolen?

Purely out of curiosity, and so I might avoid the same fate, where was your jacket when it was stolen?

I was standing at a big tray of second hand clothing, about waist high. Took off the jacket to try on another. The only way it could have been taken was, the culprit saw me take it off, sidled up from behind, and when he saw me turn my head left to zip a pocket, reach low and nabbed my jacket. 30 seconds later I notice it gone. He was 20 seconds from the door and likely gone before I noticed. Just seems it could only have been a sneak thief with practiced skill. A regular customer would have held it up initially for inspection and never missed my notice.

Could have been avoided by laying it on the tray/table drapped over the edge then leaning against it while trying on the other.

Some punk of any age, probably got it for stupid reasons, like drugs or something bad like it. Keep a watch at your local Pawn Shops too, as these kind of idiots are always in for the quick buck! It may well get sold at a pawn shop. I'm also from a past of road warrior, Officer in the Washington DC area and you too, apparently have some kind of conection to it all. Best regards...Randy:thumb

The only connection I have to the law is, I pay taxes that pays their salary.
:wave

Just a bump to keep this on the top page for a few days.
thanks,

It was the reference to a Sam Browne that caused that assumption...

I see. Indeed, the Sam Browne belt is perfect for the duty officers, in fact Langlitz has supplied a great many to motorcycle officers since the 50's. All custom fitted for such purposes.

Is this it?

columbia1hr.jpg

I see. Indeed, the Sam Browne belt is perfect for the duty officers, in fact Langlitz has supplied a great many to motorcycle officers since the 50's. All custom fitted for such purposes.

My main leather riding jacket has Sam Browne keepers...and you're right, a lot of classically designed jackets have these loops... I was never a motor officer, never will be, so they are superflous, but...that's the style!!!

am I missing something here??? is this a expensive jacket? I've never heard of it... would only a Motorcyclist wear one?

These are old school, new construction, purpose built for motorcyclists by a motorcyclist. Yes they are expensive. They are very heavily built with first quality materials and construction in a small shop here in Portland. Last I heard there was a 6 month waiting list for tailored gear.

Back