• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

It's alive!

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
After a long winter of having parts removed, lovingly cleaned, then set aside while snow and ice raged outside my shop, my GS was reassembled today and fired up. It's the only day of the year my bike is actually clean! After a couple of minutes warming up, I pulled out of the shop right thru the wall of snow melting outside the door, rode the 40 feet down my muddy driveway to the garage, and parked it for tomorrow morning's ride to the club breakfast.

For one brief hour it was clean and shiny, with fresh wax glistening in the shop lights. Now it's filthy, the way a GS ought to be. Life is good!

Pete

Pete I don't have a GS and I didn't clean me ol '78 today, but I did prep it for a ride tomorrow! It may not be long and it will be dirty, but it will be a ride! Been a long hard winter. It'll feel good. I wish you a great ride tomorrow.
JD

Hey all; Haven't done much riding around here, except on the side car, but the Beemer comes out this week. It's all clean and polished, shining and sparkling. Probably for the only time this year.... From here on out,it's simple a quick wipe down and maybe a spray and wax once in a while. Otherwise.... Remember, a dirty bike is a happy bike!!! Vaya con Dios. Dutch

Tomorrow arrived and I rode ol' 78 today! Nothing of note, just a short ride 'round the neighborhood. It felt.....good! Had the sun been out and the streets somewhat dryer I would 've taken the old girl out on the highway and really worked that boxer powerplant, but...oh well, still a nice short ride. A longer one is coming soon. Very soon.
JD

JD -- Thanks for the encouragement. I fired up the boxer this morning while the road was still frozen, had no trouble making it to the pavement half a mile down hill, and rode at a leisurely pace for a few miles, getting reacquainted with the feel and watching for loose gravel and salt deposits. Took Route 100 out of town and opened her up a bit, rejoicing in the feel of the bike. Did about 80 miles on the back roads before guilt drove me home to spend quality time with my dogs.

It's started! :wave

Back