• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Who's up for Napa?

kbasa

Anyone see the weekend getaway up in Vallejo in Mid May?

Yessuh. Hopefully, I'll be able to get out and lead a ride or something. I've got a 100 mile bicycle ride two weeks later, so we should be just wrapping up our big rides at that point.

I saw the announcement. How do these work? Just get the hotel & show up? Is there a "plan", what does my entry fee get me? Do both myself & my spouse have to pay? I have more questions, never having gone on one of these before...

Mrs. Says Let's Go

Got the go ahead from the Mrs. tonight. First motorcycle trip she has been on with me in several years since the kids showed up. I am jazzed to be taking her to this event!

The host hotel is the Marriott Courtyard in Vallejo, CA. You can call the hotel directly and make room reservations. You can stay anywhere you like, but they should have special room rates for MOA members. 707-644-1200.

Register for the event here

https://stl.bmwmoa.org/source/Meeti...STARTDISPLAYROW=1&FUNCTIONENDDISPLAYROW=1#FEE

Register both you and your spouse. Your entry fee should entitle you to a cocktail meet and greet on Friday night, dinner on Saturday night, welcome gifts, door prizes and maybe some other specials. I haven't seen all the details, but this was the basic package for Cedar City last year.

I can tell you it is a good time and a great excuse to ride, meet other members and generally have a good time around motorcycles. Last year, I met some folks that I would not have normally encountered and they became great friends. Not to mention some I had already met. Again, can't wait!

Forgot to Mention

The format is structured to your liking. There will be lead rides (probably three) that you can choose from, or maps will be available and you can strike out on your own. You can even mix the two if you choose. It really is a weekend for you, so structure it as you see fit. Just make it back for "social time" on Friday and Saturday.

If you have more questions, I'll be glad to take a stab at an answer.

Back