• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sticker placement

Has anyone else thought of this?
Am I a genius?
Or a dork?

4394598351_42f7f74b5b_o.jpg

Nice place but hard to see, esp at speed. But that might be what you're after.
And lets leave chickens out of this, OK?

Isn't that hole for cooling though?

Actually, I discussed that with my BMW MasterTech once, and definitely - yes.

That hollow hub, at least on the R1200RT, is part of the cooling matrix for the final drive.

He's always annoyed when someone goes out and buys one of those decorative spinners, and then wonders why they're cooking the FD fluid.

But as to the MOA sticker, glad to see MotorradMike is proud to display, as should we all.

I put mine dead center on the lowest part of my windshield. :german

Why do you guys always have to find things that aren't supposed to be in the picture?

Thanks Ken but the sad truth is, that tire has 2,000 miles on it. The dirt in the middle is from rolling it round the basement. Maybe it would look better if I wiped it off.

Who am I kidding, I'm a lover not a racer. This bike just doesn't lean over as far as other bikes do.

Mike's probably right.

Why do you guys always have to find things that aren't supposed to be in the picture?

Thanks Ken but the sad truth is, that tire has 2,000 miles on it. The dirt in the middle is from rolling it round the basement. Maybe it would look better if I wiped it off.

Who am I kidding, I'm a lover not a racer. This bike just doesn't lean over as far as other bikes do.

Mike's probably right.
I dunno Mike. Depends on where you live how wide those strips are. Here in Iowa the roads are mostly VERY straight. Now, in some places that is not the case. I am wondering if some of those that reside in glass houses should be casting stones?
JD

I dunno Mike. Depends on where you live how wide those strips are. Here in Iowa the roads are mostly VERY straight. Now, in some places that is not the case. I am wondering if some of those that reside in glass houses should be casting stones?
JD

Roads straight! Understatement. When we lived there years ago the only place I could find curves was to go up to I-80 and ride around the cloverleaf interchanges.

I am wondering if some of those that reside in glass houses should be casting stones?
JD

Tough room. It was just a silly little joke (hence the smiley face). My new Florida tires look like that until I can find a curve or two to scrub them in. We sure are getting to be sensitive bunch. I apologise to the OP if he took it to heart.

Ride Safe
Mike

Tough room. It was just a silly little joke (hence the smiley face). My new Florida tires look like that until I can find a curve or two to scrub them in. We sure are getting to be sensitive bunch. I apologise to the OP if he took it to heart.

Ride Safe
Mike

No worries mate! ;)

If the silliest thing done after going through months of a Canadian Winter is putting the MOA sticker on your rear wheel, you have a much more stable mind than I.
I salute your sanity, sir.:bow

Your bike is now "one of a kind" and certainly worth more as a collectible than a daily rider.

BTW, Don't you dust your wheels? :stick Most anal retentive BMW owners wouldn't even think of posting a picture where you can see a hand print in the wheel dust. :laugh:laugh:laugh

(Removing tongue from cheek now)

Won't winter ever end???:scratch

I wouldn't necessarily categorize myself as an "anal retentive BMW owner"...

Hmmm, would using a dental tool and toothbrush on your radiator fins count?...not after every ride, of course. Just once every week or two...naah, never mind.

Back