• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What is the "one" skill that you are going to work on this year?

Improve my power slides and make tighter circles or figure 8's at very low speeds on my GS.

In summary improve throttle and brake controls.

Cornering. I have a big, top-heavy bike that challenges my confidence. My goal for this year is to master the beast.

...very interesting...

So far, we have a majority of respondents who in effect want to master slower riding skills with top heavy or just heavy bikes.

There is an ERC that covers that.
But I wonder if we are making our bikes unnecessarily heavy with all the side cases, tail bags, tank bags, and more for just daily or an afternoon ride.
This very interesting stuff.

;)Mind-reading....so to better anticipate the cars that change lanes without
signaling:whistle

I had the oppurtunity to get this advice from Eddie Lawson probably 20 years ago.

If you are uncomfortable, look twice as far ahead.

Absolutely amazing, settles me right down, but easy to forget. I seem to want to watch too close, not leaving myself enough time to react comfortably.

Look further down the road and through corners. I used to do more riding at night than in the daytime. I got in the habit of looking at the pavement where the headlight shone. I still catch myself looking way to close to the bike in the twisties.

Heel clicks.
OK, I'll bite.
Explain, please.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5doebDNs2Do&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5doebDNs2Do&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Look further down the road and through corners.

looking *where* i want to go... not where i *don't* want to go.

just took a ride over the weekend and fell *twice* in sand by looking at the damned sand.

and, oh yeah, practice riding in sand. :ha

ian

Regaining "awareness" while riding. Since my crash last July, I've noticed that I have gotten into the cage mode of just looking straight ahead, and it takes a conscious effort to look around. Before the crash it was just something I naturally did. But not now. I need to fix that.

Patience!

I've been asked to become a MSF instructor. I think I may need to practice patience. :laugh

Back