• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

It's Official

Yes i did - this post was to alert people the offical correspondence from BMWNA is filtering thru the postal system

Last edited:
Interesting that you'd still get the notice. I had mine done in January, as soon as the dealer got the new software. I wonder if I'll get a notice as well...

Mine arrived Thursday the 25th. Hope to schedule a time soon, maybe a drop off and pick up a week later since it still seems to be monsoon season.

Scanned copy of my letter was sent via private email at 4 PM Pacific time, 7 April, 2010

Switch Recall notice

Just got mine, (got my remap done two weeks ago and they replaced the left switchgear at the time as it was indeed malfuntioning - no ESA and no signals, all is better now):

April 2010
Recall Campaign No. 09V-384, K1300S/GT
"The problem involves the switches on the handlebars for both the direction indicator and the emergency engine-off/engine-start functions. Due to environmental factors such as large changes in temperature and humidity, combined with the electronic material used for the switches, micro-cracks could develop in this material. If this occurred, the switches may not function properly. In some cases, engine stalling could result."

Last edited:
Stopped at the dealer yesterday. Left side was already replaced with the updated switch gear, part number ending in 25. Right side is not updated, does not end in 25, new right side on order from BMW AG.
To check part number, peel back rubber of hand grip on the left side - upper half - should be visible on the vertical part of the switchgear. Right side, remove the throttle cover and use a small flashlight and look at the vertical face.

Switches Shipping Again

Just got a call from my dealer, 10 AM Saturday. My right hand switch assembly is in and I am scheduled for installation this Wednesday.
Yippee!

Switch

Just got a call from my dealer, 10 AM Saturday. My right hand switch assembly is in and I am scheduled for installation this Wednesday.
Yippee!
I had my left and right switch changed but didn't solve the stalling problem.
I requested the software upgrade.
Let's see what happens.

I had my left and right switch changed but didn't solve the stalling problem.
I requested the software upgrade.
Let's see what happens.

Before they burn the software in see if they can confirm the revision.

If it is 14.2 you will more than likely get the <!> symbol on the bike computer meaning that you should check the oil, which will be fine.

The <!> comes on usually when you are either in non-moving traffic or a long light, with the bike to temperature and the other parameters it needs to check oil.

The stalling is indeed resolved actually the low speed throtlle control and partial throttle conditions are awesome compared to the orginal software.

I got 14.2 on mine - yes is it annoying - just waiting on a convinient time for them to burn a new version.

:beer

Back