• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Nice CA warning sign

barry5k

Riding on a Northern California freeway the other day I saw one of those road hazard signs read, "Share the road. Look twice for motorcycles." It pops up on rare occasions, but it was still nice to see it on several signs as I rode up the freeway.

Too bad they don't blink with neon colors and play loud music!

Me too;

I've seen'em too and they've been up for a week+ now on CA. statewide electronic alert signs. I guessed the AMA had some pull in Sacramento for this? Good Ol Arnord S, has mentioned using the signs for advertising lately on the news, to make some money for the state coffers. Either way, its a nice touch for the bikers:). Randy:usa

Here in Ontario during the spring, electronic overhead highway signs carry the message to watch out for motorcycles and to give them room. :ca

We have the same signs overhead here in Alberta, unfortunately they are only in
English:lol

In the Show Me State

We get that message a lot on the signs both in the Scout System in KC and on the interstates. They also had a ad campaign with Gary Pinkel the Mizzou Football coach on watching for motorcycles. He is an avid motorcyclist currently on a HD Road Glide.

They have been up... But the signs I have seen have prolly 50% of the lights out... And the State has no $'s to fix 'em...

Seen 'em around Texas for a long time.. .. but they don't have lights..

Strange that CA is spending money on lights for signs.. I thought they were out of money..

maybe they're trying to 1 up Texas..?

Caltrans as been getting complaint call from the San Diego area. Seems some folks down there don't like motorcycles and object to the concept.

Strange folks.
Scott

Haven't seen one here yet, but it's about time. I compare this to the signs I noticed all over the eastern Washington/Spokane area about sharing the road with motorcycles. I DO see lots of signs asking me to share the road with bicycles. Just like they told us in kindergarten, sharing is good.

Last week I went for a round trip to Infineon Raceway and there were 5 or 6 sings in each direction on I-80.
Thease are the large electric signs over the interstates.
The same ones that show when there are chain controls over the summit.

I've noticed them throughout San Diego county...nice to see.

Personally I can't see the signs making a difference, in 1 ear and out the other:ear
No more than speed limit signs/stop signs. Signs, signs, everwhere signs, screw them, try enforcement, with a fine attached to it.:dunno

The people that will be influenced from a warning sign towards bikers are probably
other bikers or mothers of bikers:heart

And those that should heed the warning are probably unable to read it or decipher what it means:hungover

share the road

They had a press release that stated they got some money to do motorcycle education. I believe this includes tighter inforcement on cars as well as bikes, so keep that in mind. You would think they could do that same thing without waiting for a grant, but this state does love to spend money!

Back