• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Am I the only one?

B

bmwmick

I have noticed a BIG slowdown in the BBS speed since the new software came online. That is not to say I don't appreciate all the hard work but it seems MUCH slower. Is it still being 'tuned' or is this what we should get used to?

Thanks,
Mick

bmwmick said:
I have noticed a BIG slowdown in the BBS speed since the new software came online. That is not to say I don't appreciate all the hard work but it seems MUCH slower. Is it still being 'tuned' or is this what we should get used to?

Thanks,
Mick

There's a whole lot more code running on the back side of this. In some cases, I get almost instantaneous page refreshes and other times, it feels glacially slow.

Thanks Rick,
But you're in the south where all those Righ.......OOPS wrong forum. :wave

Dave,
There HAVE been moments when it was lightening fast but most of the time it seems incredibly slow. Maybe someone at headquarters is tracerouting all my posts now that I responded to the 'Swag' poll. :brow Tinfoil going in my helmets tonight. :dunno

Thanks for the replies,,
Mick

seems a leetle slower to me as well.
I have tinfoil (actually it is made of aluminium now, not tin) in ALL my helmets and hats. It helps, not only am I safer but my joints are pain free and it trimmed 3 strokes off my golf score.

bmwmick said:
Thanks Rick,
But you're in the south where all those Righ.......OOPS wrong forum. :wave

Dave,
There HAVE been moments when it was lightening fast but most of the time it seems incredibly slow. Maybe someone at headquarters is tracerouting all my posts now that I responded to the 'Swag' poll. :brow Tinfoil going in my helmets tonight. :dunno

Thanks for the replies,,
Mick

Heh. As an admin, I can look through your monitor and see what you're doing.

Put your pants on.

:wave

dave

KBasa said:
Heh. As an admin, I can look through your monitor and see what you're doing.
Put your pants on.

dave
OMG! How do you expect to keep Tina in CA after THIS?

Mick

Seems slower to me too...but I am not complaining!!And I have the foil around me all the time too,so don't even bother to try to see me... :brow

jgr451 said:
Seems slower to me too...but I am not complaining!!And I have the foil around me all the time too,so don't even bother to try to see me... :brow

JGR, stop squinting and push your glasses up your nose a little.

Slower - in opening any threads. I suspect as Dave said - lots more code running - so it will be slower. Of course the question is - do we need all that code running?

seems a bit slower, but not so slow that it really bugs me.

of course, this is an opportunity for a hardware upgrade. :brow

you guys with the foil - you are definitely weird. ;)

KBasa said:
JGR, stop squinting and push your glasses up your nose a little.

"Just what
do you think you're doing Dave ? "

_Hal.

K,Kbasa now you're scaring me.How did you know?
From now on I will only look at the forum in the Dark and with the full screens up.

:D

Where did the link for "new posts" go? I used to use that.

I wonder if this might be due to a server glitch. Today the webteam got a report from our host saying that they had to reboot our server. Might just be some file and housekeeping slowness as the server comes back up to snuff.

Now as to where is new posts. It should be in the Blue Bar between Calendar and Search. :thumb

Sometimes it's slow, and ...

sometimes it's not. Probably depends upon total traffic at any given time to the forums. But on my dial up connection at home tonight, I'm having real troubles. Many times I get a message that my attempt to navigate through the forums "timed out." Hope this problem resolves itself.

jwhite518 said:
Where did the link for "new posts" go? I used to use that.

It's right there on the blue bar at the top and is now labeled "New Posts". To mark all posts read, you can use the link in "Quick Links" or go to the main forum page and click the "Mark Forums Read" link down at the bottom of the frame.

KBasa said:
It's right there on the blue bar at the top and is now labeled "New Posts". To mark all posts read, you can use the link in "Quick Links" or go to the main forum page and click the "Mark Forums Read" link down at the bottom of the frame.

Got it! Thanks to you and Bradford for responding so quickly. Next time I'll read every word on the screen!

Back