• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Saddle tear fix?

pszyjka

I am repairing tears in my r90/6 saddle and I'm looking for suggestions on what glue/vinyl repair to use. I took the cover off and plan to patch form the back, then reinstall. What do you think?

For less than a hundred bux you can get a whole new cover...and it will look a LOT better than a patch!!! If you must patch, talk to your local upholsterer, I'm certain that she or he can do a much nicer job than you or I, but I'm thinkin' that it would cost dern near what a seat cover would cost...a seat cover for my R100/7 is only $70.00 from Sargeants...

I agree and would just pony up for a new seat cover for $49.95 from Capital Cycle.

According to them: Tailor-made covers match the original perfectly. Made in Great Britain. Thermoformed patterns (fluting) and pinstripe edges match exactly where appropriate.

I've never seen one but I've got to think it would look better than repairs - which will probably split open again on hot day.

I agree and would just pony up for a new seat cover for $49.95 from Capital Cycle.

According to them: Tailor-made covers match the original perfectly. Made in Great Britain. Thermoformed patterns (fluting) and pinstripe edges match exactly where appropriate.

I've never seen one but I've got to think it would look better than repairs - which will probably split open again on hot day.
And while you are in there, get a correctly-formed replacement foam -- the 35-tear old stuff is long past due for replacement, and it's readily available. I don't shop Capital, but there are several vendors out there I would buy from, e.g., Sargent's for seat foam, Motobins.co.uk for the cover, many others.

This is a pretty common question, and this site has a very good/efficient search engine - for topics like this, search is your friend!

Back