• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Akropovic Exhaust Installation

Peter - i think all you have to do is unbolt the stock and put this one on in it's place.

BTW very sharplooking exhaust!

Luis

All the "slip ons" do just that...One collar clamp and the hanger bracket bolt and you are done. Most have instructions to double check the clearance between the inside edge of can and your rear wheel before snugging it down. Takes maybe 5 minutes?

One of our S's came with one and I swapped back to stock as it needed repacking and was a little too noisy.. Then a buddy gave me another new one to try on my S.

The fellow with the K13GT that came by my place Tuesday had an all carbon canister version on his....very sharp and just throaty enough to not be a "loud pipe".

Thanks for the feedback folks. I've heard they're great cans but boy are they expensive! :cry

$1,290 from the parts team at Seacoast Sports Cycle in Derry, NH on special order with a mid-March delivery. Includes shipping and NO MA sales tax! Oh well, in addition think of the gas I'm saving by having an icy driveway and road!

If I do it, I'll post pics and install steps. First I've got to have a :bottle in order to make my decision.

Please ride safely!

Peter

Thanks for the feedback folks. I've heard they're great cans but boy are they expensive! :cry

$1,290 from the parts team at Seacoast Sports Cycle in Derry, NH on special order with a mid-March delivery. Includes shipping and NO MA sales tax! Oh well, in addition think of the gas I'm saving by having an icy driveway and road!

If I do it, I'll post pics and install steps. First I've got to have a :bottle in order to make my decision.

Please ride safely!

Peter

Try looking at Leo Vince, full Carbon Fibre hex slip on....$500.00
saves u about $800.00 to invest in other farkelization projects:laugh

I looked at everything, Leo was the choice for me.:clap

Try looking at Leo Vince, full Carbon Fibre hex slip on....$500.00
saves u about $800.00 to invest in other farkelization projects:laugh

I looked at everything, Leo was the choice for me.:clap

Looks very nice, how loud is it compared to stock?

Attachments

• LeoVince Slip on.jpg
    LeoVince Slip on.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 123
I saw another LeoV set-up on the K-Bikes.com forum with the same can on an all black GT. Very pretty indeed.

Call me crazy, but I placed the order today! Guess I didn't :bottle enough!

The Akro is suppose to hold up very well, has a wonderful sound and is not very loud. Takes about 20 pounds off the bike as I understand it too. Gee...now maybe I can get the ride to make it over 60 mph now and then!

Yes...I will take pictures of the install and the finished results. ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Anybody feeling especially generous out there????

Please ride safely,

Peter

Leo has the removable baffle, for louder(but not obnoxious) rumble,or
leave it in for a very nice purr. Carbon is very light compared to stock water heater
and mine is not the round one in picture by SemperFi, more oval.
Only pics I have now is b4 instalation will post some of it on bike this weekend;)

Attachments

• PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 122
one more...very small dimension in relation to OEM

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 120
Very nice - love CF

BTW - the picture i posted if from their site :lurk

Tangent Warning - one thing I have noticed is that there is not alot of CF for the GT, tons for the S and R - that is prbably a good thing

Aw I don't know, what's wrong with having a chromed chunk of sewer pipe under your saddlebags???:laugh

Back