• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1200GS Break-In ride

supermoto7

My R1200GS finally came in. I put 260 miles on it Wed and Friday out in the country on some curvy roads. It feels like a pig when you first throw a leg over but under power it handles really well. Coming into a corner hard on the brakes you don't get that nose dive, it slows down smoothly and then just throw it into the turn. It seems all the magazine reviews were not BS. It is a well handling bike. I like the riding position, it feels like I'm on my supermotard bike. There is a rough section of road on my route, I just stood up on the pegs like a dirtbike and rode it out.

I take the same 130 mile route on my Aprilia and I am beat. After getting off the BMW I felt like I rode 5 miles. It's spoiling me, might be hard to get back on the sportbike. So far I'm happy, now I just have to get past 600 miles so I can really wring her out. :thumb

Great weather for riding. :)

MtDora001.jpg

MtDora002.jpg

Met a guy at Beeches with a brand new 2004 VMax (Yes they still make it)
MtDora003.jpg

MtDora004.jpg

Stopped by Leesburg Honda on the way back. Check out the windshield on that trike

MtDora007.jpg

Blue Knight said:
I don't supposed I could borrow it for the winter???? :)

Mike

Can't do that, but come on down to Florida and ride with us. Contrary to the myth we do have some nice roads here.

Cheers :beer

-Mike

The windshield on the Trike is a Tulsa tall model -- a very high quality product that provides excellent visibility and superior wind protection.

After 8500 miles, I'm still nuts about my GS. Congratulations on yours! You're going to like it more and more as you ride it!

Very nice bike! I may part with my RT in a year or so and get a GS. I used to think they were sorta ugly, but they have sure grown on me. I can definitely see myself on one of them in the near future.

SuperMoto7 said:
Can't do that, but come on down to Florida and ride with us. Contrary to the myth we do have some nice roads here.

Cheers :beer

-Mike

Nice Ride!! :clap :thumb
You may have nice roads where you are :p , but if you come a little further south you may be in for a shocker. There aren't any south of Ft. Liquourdale :drink :hungover
Now around Daytona, Mount Dora, Eustis, etc... YEEHAAAW :dance that is great riding territory!
Enjoy those roads on your new ride! :D

rider1150RT said:
if you come a little further south you may be in for a shocker. There aren't any south of Ft. Liquourdale
Agree, I would not own a bike in S. Florida.
rider1150RT said:
Now around Daytona, Mount Dora, Eustis, etc... YEEHAAAW :dance that is great riding territory!
:thumb Mount Dora and Clermont are where those pics were taken.

Back