Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bakersfield to SFO--Motorcycle Show!

SNC1923
    Still more of the gorgeous central California scenery, as seen from the seat of southbound beemer on Hwy 25. I know this isn't far from the San Andreas fault, and this photo may be of that seismic roller coaster. Any geologists on the list may be able to confirm or correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SNC 1923; 11-17-2004 at 04:21 AM.

SNC1923
    Another treat along the way is the Mission San Miguel. I tried to follow the 25 but found myself on the southbound 101 before I knew what happened. Just as well. . . . It led me to the 46 (outside Paso Robles) where I travelled to another little used road, Bittercreek.

SNC1923
    This last shot is from Bittercreek Road. I was the only cyclist, the only motorist, the only human on this road that day. Runs through miles of cattle country (unfenced!) and just a smattering of farmhouses and windmills. It leads to the 58 and home. As you can see I was racing the rain and, as it turns out, a dwindling gas tank. I was so taken with these back roads and the beautiful scenery I failed to pay attention to my fuel. I pulled into Buttonwillow (home of the giant cow that began this thread) after at least 15 miles on my fuel warning light. How I made it I don't know. I'm normally pretty fussy about fuel but gratefully pulled into some no-name convenience store and filled my tank with whatever they were dealing. A close call in a very isolated area.

In all a great ride and one I would highly recommend.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Must figure out a way to bring the RT on the next business trip after seeing these great pictures.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

SNC1923
    Brad, I hope you'll call or write if you do. Be happy to show you around. Come on down!

ian408
    Nice!

Ian

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SNC 1923
    Brad, I hope you'll call or write if you do. Be happy to show you around. Come on down!
    Next trip is January to Pasadena and Anaheim. Given where I am going, probably no motorcycle due to schedule. But things can change
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

If CA is too far ...

It sure is beautiful out there. But for those of us who can't make it as far as Califullnia, don't forget that there's always riding along the Maine coast, and better yet, the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia. We spent about 9 days in Nova Scotia this summer, just a week before I got my 1200CL. The Cabot Trail was filled with bikers, enjoying scenery somewhat similar to what you can find on the left coast. Boy, was I every anxious to take delivery on the bike when I got home!
    Dan