• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Just Ridin' Pictures

Just ridin' the PCH north of Morro Bay

CA1IMG_9325.jpg

Yellowstone Ride

One of the best rides I've done.......

73s geno

Attachments

• 2010 Aug. yellow stone 096.jpg
    2010 Aug. yellow stone 096.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 673
You don't make it out to the west coast, much, do you. :laugh

That pic does not do the corner justice, you can see on the edge of the pic, the wall of a tunnel, one lane, with a bend in it, if you are on the r h side of the road coming out of the tunnel, you will NOT make this turn, unless you are a trials rider.

I have not been to the far coast, but done Rockies a few times, but I know several people that have been up and down the left coast and then did Europe, all agree that is is MUCH tighter there.

Here is another, a wide one.

Attachments

• DSCN4036small.jpg
    DSCN4036small.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 577
OK, the switchbacks on this road are not as tight as that pictured by pffog and there are not all that many. Still, the road is lots of fun when you catch it without traffic.

Portions of California 4 over Ebbetts Pass heading west to east.

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/1459218766_SFPvTsJ?width=640&height=360&sb&fs"></iframe>

OK, the switchbacks on this road are not as tight as that pictured by pffog and there are not all that many. Still, the road is lots of fun when you catch it without traffic. Portions of California 4 over Ebbetts Pass heading west to east.

:thumb Way cool.

OK, the switchbacks on this road are not as tight as that pictured by pffog and there are not all that many.

Having viewed many videos put out by someone on one of the forums (this one as well), what I noticed were the vast plains between mountain ranges out west.

There was none of the tight valleys with peaks and valleys offering steep mountainsides for the roads to built on.

Differences in topography which is why there is very little need for switchbacks, if any. The roads are far more open based on what I've seen. For example, your Ebbetts Pass road video peaks at 8730 feet, yet you're not having to climb up to it over a short distance. It was so flat...like riding a plateau...and no high peaks on either side of it.

Along CO-141, Aug. 2011

CO-141 in western Colorado is a great ride. Around every turn another spectacular sight!

IMG_1160.jpg

Last edited:
Fall Colors at Cherohala Skyway

Visited the Cherohala Skyway on Friday to see the Fall colors......
1CherohalaSkyway05Oct212011.jpg

And got an early peak at Winter, too!

2CherohalaSkyway01Oct212011.jpg

Riding buddies for 30 years

Taken on the Talimena Scenic Drive Arkansas/Oklahoma, in early October this year (2011).

My Concours riding friend and I have been riding together since the mid 70's.

Worthy of note: I've finally converted him - he bought an 03 K1200RS from Bentonville BMW on the way home & joined the BMWMOA :).

The Concours is up for sale :thumb. :dance.

MyAirheadwithafriend.jpg

Last edited:
Mortirolo Pass

A few pics from the Mortirolo Pass area. We spent a day riding this mountain ridge. Narrow roads with views into different valleys and best of all, zilch in the way of traffic.

IMG0888-XL.jpg

IMG0889-XL.jpg

IMG0896-XL.jpg

IMG0897-XL.jpg

IMG0899-XL.jpg

IMG0910-XL.jpg

Back