• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Just Ridin' Pictures

"I'm not riding across that!" :nono Thursday near Llano after 4" rain earlier in week...it was about two feet deep near main river cut...and running pretty fast.Typically dry crossing all year long.

Attachments

• P5170064.jpg
    P5170064.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 563
Stopping to enjoy the view

i-swjDqVk-M.jpg

Utah 24 North of Hanksville.

Rode up to the Cabot trail recently. HAD to get this shot!

CabotTrailPic.jpg

GF took this one over my shoulder the next day, as we were riding up one of the mountains on the Cabot Trail, shortly after leaving the B&B:

CabotTrailCurves.jpg

The Dragon 318 turns in 11 miles

Don't worry about holding on, wave to the nice man with the camera.

Attachments

• Dragon Run.jpg
    Dragon Run.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 513
A "Fun" photo op. while riding north along the Oregon coast from Cresent City, CA.

Attachments

• DSC00113.jpg
    DSC00113.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 523
Welll there was this one day........

Unless it is pouring with thunder and lightning I have a real problem taking the bike out of the garage in those conditions. Of course that said I have done it. I can't help it, I just love to ride, even if it is just to work. 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul.:dance

On the way to Johnson City, 2009. Photo by killboy.com. I really liked that GS, sorry I had to sell it...

Attachments

• killboy2small.jpg
    killboy2small.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 592
This was one of those rides when I bit off more than I can chew. On the map I thought I found a back road alternative to my destination. I began to wonder about the wisdom of taking this route when the road turned from light gravel to gravel/dirt to dirt.

2012-11-12_12-24-12_460-L.jpg

The road narrowed to driveway width, forked and of course I went the wrong way. I came across a hunting cabin and met a hunter. He and his daughter were just finishing up bow hunting for bear and he kindly got me back on track. Some how Red and I stayed upright down a hill and crossed this creek on a shaky bridge.

2012-11-12_12-37-11_464-L.jpg

Somehow climbed a heavily rutted, leaf strewn road uphill to a ridge. No way could I stop and take a picture. Too slippery and footing was bad. Having crested the the ridge the road, widened, flattened out and became a bit more civilized.

2012-11-12_12-41-05_988-L.jpg

I know this is small stuff for GS riders, but it was a tense experience for one without those skills. I now have a much better appreciation for what the GS folks ride through. Looking back on it now I can smile, but I was sweating it out when I was "fully engaged".

Last edited:
A Beautiful winter day in the Great Northwest

Bellingham's Chuckanut Drive on a clear winter day

IMG_1013.jpg

Back