• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Helmet question from the "guy" side

It is imperative that she tries the helmets on for fit and shape BEFORE making a decision on graphics. That pretty helmet, that she cannot see when it is on her head, may be excruciating to wear in 20 minutes time.

Personally I have tried 15 to 20 different brands of helmets on , here and in Europe, where the choices are many, and MOSTsimply do not fit my head. Comfort is the most important characteristic of the helmet.

Hope her choice works well for her

Nice!

Just in case, you do know the spoon trick, right?

If she gets a spot that feels tight, use the back of a spoon to slightly flatten it so it feels fine again.

Voni
sMiling

Thanks. She had it on for around 10 minutes, she said it felt really nice, better than the old helmet. She likes the interior material, she describes it as a similar feel to a microfiber. Likes that the interior pieces will snap out so she can keep it fresh. Counter person said it could be machine-washed but recommended hand-washing. I did ask if she felt any pressure points inside, she said "no, fit's like a glove".
OK, will have another question up shortly for ya'll, will post in same forum since it concerns something for her again.
Gilly

Helmets

I recently purchased a Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer Helmet. I love it! I found it was true to size on fit to the crown of my head...in fact, it was perfect. The problem was it was a bit tight around the cheeks. I read that some modular helmets tend to fit snug around the cheeks and took a little time to break in. I went for about an hour ride and the snugness didn't let up. I solved my break in period issue by putting a flat volleyball in the helmet and filling it full of air with a compressor. I left it over night. The next morning, I went for another ride and no issues. I know it sounds a bit unconventional, but it made all the difference in the world. I think its a pretty good helmet for around $250. I spent around twice that much on my old helmet and this one is much better.

Back