• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Extended Warranty

ckbowen

Charlie O
Does anyone have experience with an actual claim with Contego extended warranty? As a 25 year automotive service manager I am a little leery of extended service plans in general. However i have done business with some good ones. Your thoughts on Contego are appreciated.

Warranty

Never heard of them, what part of the world do you live in?:scratch

Have you tried to research the company online?

One claim so far - for having the transmission tore apart so that two seals could be replaced, due to an obvious leak.

Bike involved: 2005 R1200RT.

Payed my invoice at the BMW dealer, and then submitted claim to Contego.

They phoned me a few days later, acknowledging the claim. They agreed to pay all of it minus the $50 deductible which is a condition of my plan.

However, they insisted I provide the percentage of sales tax for De Pere, WI (Nick's BMW), as they also reimbursed me for that as well (5.5%).

No hassles - plan worked as advertised so far.

Good to hear! I've got Contego Direct warranty until 2015 on my 06 RT. Carry their card in my tankbag.

Could you give a rough cost of your policy? Is it yearly cost or a set term policy? Have a 2007 that has its warrantee expire in April. Thanks.

Check them out, for newer bikes its CHEAP..
Older ones, it will cost-
They are on the home page- right hand side..

good luck.. I think it was just .32 cents a day.. I cant even buy a cupa joe for that..

:bottle

I got six years of warranty for a bit less than six hundred bucks. Bought it the month before my 36month warranty ended.

Thank you for the info Greenwald. It all comes down to getting the claim paid without a hassle. Price seems to be pretty fair.

Thank you for the info Greenwald. It all comes down to getting the claim paid without a hassle. Price seems to be pretty fair.

I agree. Two or three more 'moderate' repairs between now and spring of 2014, and I will actually be financially ahead of the game for what I invested in the Contego policy.

Back