• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

i got a new toy!

Visian

look out!!!
after slaving for 6 months straight, from oh-dark-thirty to yawn-dark-forty-five, i finally finished a big project and treated myself to a new toy: Canon EOS 5D MarkII, plus a number of nice farkles.

i'm still learning how to use it, but would like to share a few shots from the past weekend... the Sandblast Rally in Cheraw, SC.

man, this is so much nicer than my film nikon from the 70s!

783818435_kc2u4-XL.jpg

783821778_NUZ6m-XL.jpg

783803192_aQSeZ-XL.jpg

783803524_UEKVd-XL.jpg

783802832_bqHK3-XL.jpg

783803875_FTYix-XL.jpg

783801914_9Ac4D-XL.jpg

ian

Nice shots

Nice work, looking forward to more great pic's.
Smart move-save then buy, cut the plastic fantastic.

Welcome to DSLR! I don't think I could ever go back to film.

Enjoy!

-Alex

Are these jpegs from the camera or was there any post processing? :ear

I especially like the perceived depth in this one:

783803192_aQSeZ-XL.jpg

Are these jpegs from the camera or was there any post processing? :ear

I especially like the perceived depth in this one:

783803192_aQSeZ-XL.jpg

yeah, that was the main thing i was looking forward to after 10 years of point and shoot digicams... better control over depth of field.

i cropped the pics and used the magic wand in iPhoto on some. on others i adjusted exposure, and details in shadows.

can't wait to learn more about photoshop... really should have gotten into this years ago.

most of the pics in my first post were shot aperture priority, 1000th sec... and ASA... er, ISO 400. but what I didn't realize is that due to the cloudy day, sometimes I was exceeding the maximum speed of the lens. man, the digital correction capabilities of even the simplest imaging software is amazing.

lens was a 70-200 2.8 zoom with a 2x teleconverter. next time i do this i am going to rent one of those big 1000mm honkers, so i can look cool.

that, and plan far enough ahead to get a press pass so that i can get some better angles.

here are some more....

783799016_QL5xz-XL.jpg

783796120_hNswW-XL.jpg

783800971_A8udV-XL.jpg

783801179_zrtEd-XL.jpg

783804639_AmNaz-XL.jpg

That's Stagehand, right? I dig his bike.

I felt like such a... "photographer" when I got my DSLR, but I know it's all in the camera.

:brow

yes, stagehand, aka jason. helluva rider. he's been there both year's i've attended.

the event is now in its third year... i went to the first and had to miss the second.

Back