• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Boots

Hi Reid, I ended up working too much, riding too little and not getting around to buying boots yet :) however, a new pair are still in the cards (focusing now on upgrading my ride).

All good points and great advice (from all your posts in this thread) BCKRIDER. Though there was no box, I felt that way when I bought my last pair of Prexports at the Vermont Rally. :thumb

Hey, there were TWO Riders from BC knocking around the "box" discussion. There was my learned colleague from up the Valley and myself down here near Vancouver. :buds

cbcK1200S - Colin

Something I forgot to mention: when I was examining my old boots with separating seams, I noticed that the sole of the left boot was considerably thinner than the right. How did that happen? Like most of us, my body is fairly well balanced left to right. I also gave up skipping over 50 years ago.

Conclusion: I'm not always bringing my bike to a full stop before I put my left foot down. Maybe I should work on that. No. They just put softer material in the sole of my left boot.

Something I forgot to mention: when I was examining my old boots with separating seams, I noticed that the sole of the left boot was considerably thinner than the right. How did that happen?

Do you dismount to the left side? Does your left foot rotate as you dismount? This might contribute to the uneven wear.

Back