• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mary's Big Birthday !!

tourunigo

I thought that this might be the best place to show this little birthday video that I did for Mary's upcoming 60th birthday (Feb 19th). It shows a bit of our last nine years and 60,000+ miles. Not a grand piece of work I suppose but it was fun and I think it is a fitting tribute. Although a bit of a Mustang hot rodder, she prefers to be co pilot on our travels. So here is my first youtube venture for my favorite Associate Member of the BMWMOA!! (note: predictable music backdrop but we like it) - Bob

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDRepSycr_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDRepSycr_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Wild children:brad Living life large! A grand tribute!

I wish for you, Mary, the gift of gratitude for a life well lived.

Voni
sMiling

Wild children:brad Living life large! A grand tribute!

I wish for you, Mary, the gift of gratitude for a life well lived.

Voni
sMiling

she doesn't know that I am doing this so after the 19th I will show her your well wishes Voni.

Very nice Bob! Mary should be pleased with the pictorial of her travels. You two have put a lot of miles on bikes. :wave

Very nice Bob! Mary should be pleased with the pictorial of her travels. You two have put a lot of miles on bikes. :wave

modest mileage compared to so many others here but, for us, every one has been safe and a real joy in life. I have landed well in this life me thinks. Mary got a hint of the upcoming party and went out and got herself a great pair of leather pants, a stylish top, a few bits of jewelry and now is looking for just the right high heel boots. This ain't yer grandma's 60! She'll have a grand time with friends and family that night. - Bob

Life begins at 60. Wishing Mary a Happy Birthday!

Will pass that on to her on the 19th. 60.... things seem to go by so quickly. She seems a little down about the age but she doesn't stay that way very long. As co host of the Salty Fog Riders Rally she always brings a special spirit to the event.

:clap Pass along my birthday wishes as well on the 19th. Tell Mary that 60 is just the start! Lots of fun comes after 60. I'm 65 and planning on riding to Redmond this year, maybe getting back in time for the RA rally and still hoping to make the Salty Fog.

Holly

Happy birthday, Mary!

4329830511_8e0da90918_b.jpg

Smiley greetings at the 2009 Salty Fog:

4330563692_3a18b37d0a_b.jpg

Thankfully, many women seem to reach down when they marry. :heart

... it was near closing time down at Peddler's Pub when we started dancing back in 2000..... oh well, the 'sympathy vote' got me to this wonderful place. As a friend of mine said, "she saved Bob from himself". Both of us 50 turning 16 :love - Bob

:clap Pass along my birthday wishes as well on the 19th. Tell Mary that 60 is just the start! Lots of fun comes after 60. I'm 65 and planning on riding to Redmond this year, maybe getting back in time for the RA rally and still hoping to make the Salty Fog.

Holly

Last year I told Mary that you could not make the Salty Fog and this year she said it would be nice if you were able to make it in 2010. You will love it! If you are at the RA then we all can meet up in Vermont. I will be passing along your well wishes on the 19th. - Bob

And sometime before the 19th gently remind her she is barely in her 50's

Voni
sMiling

And sometime before the 19th gently remind her she is barely in her 50's

Voni
sMiling

nah..... no age references for the next couple of weeks. A mood is hanging thickly in the air...... unrelenting house cleaning is going on...... voice a wee more shrill at times...... Voni, she'll think I'm lying. But, this too will pass :love

nah..... no age references for the next couple of weeks. A mood is hanging thickly in the air...... unrelenting house cleaning is going on...... voice a wee more shrill at times...... Voni, she'll think I'm lying. But, this too will pass :love

Just remember.....60 is the new "40" :D

Back