• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello From North Carolina.

D

Duckfiz

Looking out at 6 inches of ice covered snow at the moment, but thinking sunshine and dry roads. I live about 30 miles from the Cherohala. If you're coming this way be sure to stop by for some sweet tea and a samich, will you?

Lee

Good to have you Lee! I sure would stop in if I were out your way. Love N. Carolina! I was stationed there at Cherry Point Marine Air Base back n '72-'73. Upon discharge I almost made it my home. Of course a pretty girl from New Bern was a part of the allure. And hey, winter will be over before you know it and all those wonderful roads await!
JD

Looking out at 6 inches of ice covered snow at the moment, but thinking sunshine and dry roads. I live about 30 miles from the Cherohala. If you're coming this way be sure to stop by for some sweet tea and a samich, will you?

Lee

Lee, welcome aboard. I live about 35 miles from the Cherohala on the Tennessee side. I still ride it 3-4 times a year, it never gets old. We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the country. I'm not a big fan of sweet tea, but maybe we can have a sandwich together sometime.

You will find a lot of good info here no matter which BMW you may ride. Have you thought about riding to the Blitz To Branson this year?

Welcome Lee;

Thanks for the jesture of stopping by. I rode NC Outer Banks last Summer and all over other parts too, of NC, as I traveled to the National Rallies of Tenn. and W.VA.. I enjoyed it a lot. Virginia is my original home, but California for 30+ years now. The Outer Banks was a first ever BMW Ride for me in the middle '70s on my R100. I went back this past Summer'09 on my GSA1200, a lot of years past. I don't recall your home town, buts sounds like the Great Smokies area of Western NC? Enjoy riding your State, as I did recently. Happy Trails, Randy, Come West to Oregon for the BIG Rally this year. :thumb

I live in a small town called Murphy, about 14 miles north of the Georgia line and about 7 miles east of Tennessee. I frequently bust state lines to take advantage of my neighbor's roads. Oh, and Warredon, don't worry about the sweet tea, we always keep soda pop on hand for you northerners. :thumb

Welcome to the club. I live in Greenville, SC and every year (late spring) ride the Cherohola and Dragon.

Welcome,Duckfiz, I live in Murphy too! I live 1.5 miles from the TN border on 64. I moved here from Daytona Bch. about 4years ago. We used to summer here,but after bringing my R75/6 one year,I knew I had to move here year around. This is the best motorcycle riding area I've ever been in! I'll send a personal message to you later and maybe we can get together for a ride.OK?:dance PS;Here's our road on Friday afternoon.

Attachments

• dollhouse & Jan. 29 snow 008.jpg
    dollhouse & Jan. 29 snow 008.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 63
Welcome Lee

I live just down the road in Spartanburg, S.C.. We rode the cage up your way today to see the snow. We only made it as far as Maggie Valley though. The site was beautiful. We got a little snow here in Spartanburg but not nearly as much as in Maggie. I managed to get the car stuck doing a turn around to head back home but a good samaritan in a Dodge Pickup pulled me out of the snow. It was deeper than I thought.
I have ridden the SkyWay a few times. Great road. I really liked it when only the bikers knew it was there. Somebody let the word out and now you see almost as many slow moving cages as bikers. Oh well, nothing good ever lasts forever. I hope to see you on the road someday. I will be the guy on the red RT with a big smile on his face. Ride safe.

Hey murphychuck, we also moved up here (Cleveland TN) from the Daytona Beach area. We lived in Ormond By The Sea and have lived here almost 32 years now, and couldn't be happier. We bought our first BMW there (a new 77 R100/7) from Jay at Ormond cycles on US 1.

I had a job offer here and decided to visit and check things out. My potential new employer knew we had a motorcycle and had someone take us for a leisurely drive around the countryside. He took us out Hwy 64 along the river and we were hooked. We went back to Florida and turned in our two week notices. My wife was apprehensive about leaving her job, she worked for Ron Rice in the office at Hawaiian Tropic.

Hope to see you on the road sometime, I do ride out your way with some frequency.

Welcome to the family. Glad to have you here. How about a ride report when things get better??

Ride Well
Ride Often
Ride to Eat

Welcome,Duckfiz, I live in Murphy too! I live 1.5 miles from the TN border on 64. I moved here from Daytona Bch. about 4years ago. We used to summer here,but after bringing my R75/6 one year,I knew I had to move here year around. This is the best motorcycle riding area I've ever been in! I'll send a personal message to you later and maybe we can get together for a ride.OK?:dance PS;Here's our road on Friday afternoon.

Looking forward to riding when it warms up some. I live 6.5 miles north of Hwy64 up Hwy 294, probably about 15 minutes from you.......

Welcome, Lee!

Oh, and thanks for sending the weather this way! :stick We got 5" of fluffy stuff unexpectedly.

Hopefully, when it warms, we can visit your playground again.

Welcome, Lee!

Oh, and thanks for sending the weather this way! :stick We got 5" of fluffy stuff unexpectedly.

Hopefully, when it warms, we can visit your playground again.

Delaware? I thought anything less than a foot was considered a "dusting" up there. :dunno

Lee

hey lee - welcome here.

friday night i decided that discretion was the better part of valor and left our house in clyde (near waynesville) and went back to atlanta. we are at about 4000 feet and our neighbors said about 20" of snow fell that afternoon and evening.

are you aware of the georgia mountain rally? it's just around the corner from you, first weekend in may.

you may also be interested in the 2010 Ride 2 Q... we're contemplating a campout at ironhorse, just around the corner from you.

hope to meet you soon.

ian

hey lee - welcome here.

friday night i decided that discretion was the better part of valor and left our house in clyde (near waynesville) and went back to atlanta. we are at about 4000 feet and our neighbors said about 20" of snow fell that afternoon and evening.

are you aware of the georgia mountain rally? it's just around the corner from you, first weekend in may.

you may also be interested in the 2010 Ride 2 Q... we're contemplating a campout at ironhorse, just around the corner from you.

hope to meet you soon.

ian

Visian, thanks for the information! :thumb

Back