• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wolf Moon

geisterfahrer

Bill the Cat
Wolf Moon, January 29, 2010

img_0011.jpg

Canon SX20 IS, 80x zoom, handheld.

Great photo. I went out to have a look at the Wolf Moon. ( So named by the Indians because it's apparent largeness caused the wolves and coyotes to start yowling at the moon!) Anyways, it was pretty much covered by clouds. Still, I could see it a bit; looked bigger.

Blue

Saw it last night shining through the living room windows. It was clear and about 8F outside at the time. The cold air seemed to make it a bright blue, and yes, it was big.

With snow covering the woods, it sure lit things up. We don't have any wolves here, and the squirrels and groundhogs were asleep about then. That and the carnsarned raccoon that invades my garbage can, now and then, who tried to raise her babies in a kindling crate on my back porch last spring.

I may have howled a little, but I don't remember it if I did.

Jim :hungover

Back