• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hi from NE Ohio

New Member?

Welcome aboard. I cannot figure out what your avatar is, so maybe it's too complex :)

If you're new here, let's hear more about you.

Jim
Southwestern Hinckley of Northeastern Ohio, USA

Here's the avatar I can't figure out :laugh:scratch:laugh

It's either my Doc's signiture, or burnout marks on the driveway. Not sure which.

Lynn, my wife and I have been riding for 5 years
I started on a '80 Suzi 650 (3months) then a 87 K75s (2mo), then bought the 04 GT in Nov 04.

Lynn started out with a 04 Vstar (1 yr) the moved to an 05 HD Softtail Deluxe. Then this last fall she saw the light. Found the 04 R11S with low miles at a good price, thinking we would have three bikes.
Well, with less than two weeks the HD was sold!

We've been east 4 times, south twice, and out west once.
Want to go west again!

We average between 10K and 15K a year.

Should I change my avatar?

It's either my Doc's signiture, or burnout marks on the driveway. Not sure which.

Lynn, my wife and I have been riding for 5 years
I started on a '80 Suzi 650 (3months) then a 87 K75s (2mo), then bought the 04 GT in Nov 04.

Lynn started out with a 04 Vstar (1 yr) the moved to an 05 HD Softtail Deluxe. Then this last fall she saw the light. Found the 04 R11S with low miles at a good price, thinking we would have three bikes.
Well, with less than two weeks the HD was sold!

We've been east 4 times, south twice, and out west once.
Want to go west again!

We average between 10K and 15K a year.

Should I change my avatar?

First: Welcome to the family.

To answer your question, I would say no. If you wish, you could post it in THIS THREAD along with everyone else.

If you want an excuse to go out west how about going to THIS PARTY along with 7,000 of your closest, newest friends?

Hope to meet you on the road.

Ride Well
Ride Often
Ride to Eat

Redmond

The MOA Rally this year again provides a sweet excuse to ride a few thousand miles and see some different territory. Taking at least two weeks to do it allows some time for meandering. That's my plan. Note that the BMWRA Rally is just around the block in Southwestern Vermont, two weeks after Redmond. If the MOA Rally is like a State Fair, the RA is like a backyard BBQ.

As to the avatar, if you don't laugh at mine, I won't make fun of yours. The notion that it's a burnout is novel. I'll remember that when someone asks about my initials.

There's a moderately active BMW Club in Cleveland, but I don't belong. Not for any good reason, mind you. BMWMOC.

Keep the faith; the days are already getting longer.

Jim

I like your Avatar! Good to have you. Hope to see you here often on this forum.
JD

Back