Thread: Greetings from New York's Hudson Valley

Greetings from New York's Hudson Valley

Hello, I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have been a member of the MOA since 2008 when I bought an '08 F800ST. I recently traded that bike in and am currently riding an '09 R1200RT. I am a fan of both models, but found the F's wind protection and ergos less suited for all-day touring, which is what I really enjoy.

I have already learned a lot from lurking on this forum for a while ("oh, that's why I can't get my RT into gear!"). I am looking forward to becoming involved in the various discussions and maybe seeing more fellow Beemer riders out on the road!
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I know you will love it.

There are a lot of MOA members in your area and several Chartered Clubs from which to choose. Most of them like to ride and eat. If you like to do either, or both, you will feel right at home.

Check out THIS LIST for some suggestions.
    Ride Well

JAMESDUNN
    Good to have you! Nice bike the RT, and a good long distance machine. You mention you're looking forward to seeing Beemer riders on the road and that is a real pleasure. I wave like mad when I see one and it is generally returned in a like manner. I guess there is some good in being "exclusive" as there are not a lot of us out there!
    JD

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by cscatola View Post
    Hello, I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have been a member of the MOA since 2008 when I bought an '08 F800ST. I recently traded that bike in and am currently riding an '09 R1200RT. I am a fan of both models, but found the F's wind protection and ergos less suited for all-day touring, which is what I really enjoy.

I have already learned a lot from lurking on this forum for a while ("oh, that's why I can't get my RT into gear!"). I am looking forward to becoming involved in the various discussions and maybe seeing more fellow Beemer riders out on the road!
    Welcome aboard. There are a lot of very active riders in the Hudson Valley. I live near Saratoga Springs. Where do you call home?

Welcome to the forums, good to have you on board
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    Welcome aboard. There are a lot of very active riders in the Hudson Valley. I live near Saratoga Springs. Where do you call home?
    Northern Westchester County, but I bought my RT up at Max BMW in Troy since they blew away the "deal" offered by my local dealer down here.
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Next big events in this area:

• Americade in Lake George
    • Airhead rally in Dutchess County

The Airhead Rally is hosted by Mike Friedle - a rally organizer without peer.

Hope to see you at one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    Next big events in this area:

• Americade in Lake George
    • Airhead rally in Dutchess County

The Airhead Rally is hosted by Mike Friedle - a rally organizer without peer.

Hope to see you at one of them.
    Don't forget the RA rally right near there
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by cscatola View Post
    Northern Westchester County, but I bought my RT up at Max BMW in Troy since they blew away the "deal" offered by my local dealer down here.
    I'm in the Danbury area...Welcome! I assume the "deal" from the local dealer was Cliff's? I bought my R11s from cliff...Got a good deal as it was a left over with some 80 demo miles on it...I looked at a Hypermotard there...It's their way or the highway. Gengras in Hartford may get my biz for that one...
    2004 R1100S
    2008 Buell 1125R, 2009 Buell XB9SX
    2006 Honda CRF 250x
    2000 Honda XR 70, XR100

Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    Don't forget the RA rally right near there
    That's the Right Attitude.

Pownal, Vermont

• July 29
    • July 30
    • July 31
    • August 1

Gateway to New England Riding

It's Happy Hour somewhere spartanbeemer's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum. I ride an R1150RT but I would really like to own the 1200 one day. A great bike.
    To ride or not to ride; No question about it!
    '85 K100 & '04 R1150RT
    http://spartan-bemr.spaces.live.com/